NAD M51 DAC 35-bit/ 844kHz

Lou ming

Standard Member
The new NAD M51 DAC finally came out where I live, but I think it was only a demo sample. It should be out around now, so keep an eye out. Heard it, and it really sounded great :clap:. The internal 35-bit /844 kHz process works pretty good as far as I could tell.

It has HDMI input so you can connect it to your Blu-Ray player and video out to get a high quality home cinema stereo setup.

Any other who has heard it yet ?

Last edited:

Osamede

The new NAD M51 DAC finally came out where I live, but I think it was only a demo sample. It should be out around now, so keep an eye out. Heard it, and it really sounded great :clap:. The internal 35-bit /844 kHz process works pretty good as far as I could tell.

It has HDMI input so you can connect it to your Blu-Ray player and video out to get a high quality home cinema stereo setup.

M51 Direct Digital DAC - NAD Electronics

Also found a first impression on this desktop blog : Desktop-audioblog | DAC´s, Can´s and Amp´s - All in betweenDesktop-audioblog | DAC´s, Can´s and Amp´s – All in between

Any other who has heard it yet ?
Call me a cynic, but this "blog" strikes me as shilling by HiFiKlubben or whomever coincidentally happens to distribute all these brands.

Osamede

Im not that sophisticated in these but why would a professional marketer be pretending to be an average Joe user? I guess when you're trying to sell a very expensive DAC + 20 quid HDMI switch, then "SEO" aka shilling is necessary?

Lou ming

Standard Member
I have now moved the links and two post, that is seems no one is really interesting in this DAC and I must say Osamede seems only interested in being very counter productive. Bravo great attitude.

Last edited:

Mr_Sukebe

Lou>
Unfortunately, please understand our skepticism.
Unfortunately you're a new user, linking directly to a manufacturers website and commenting on "35 bit technology", as though it's genuinely useful with 16 bit files. By default, that does seem a little "odd" for a new member to post about.
If you were an experienced member who'd been on the forums for several years and had gained a level of credibility by adding value in threads, you'd likely get a far more positive response.

alexs2

Distinguished Member
I have now moved the links and two post, that is seems no one is really interesting in this DAC and I must say Osamede seems only interested in being very counter productive. Bravo great attitude.

I think your actions in removing the links probably reflect an understanding that arriving as a new member,and in your first post,linking in that way was bound to be seen as unusual.

Osamede has only voiced what others have thought,and I will say that as the mod for this section,the links struck me as unusual also.

So perhaps a bit less of the "Bravo great attitude" remarks.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom