NAD M10

bogart99

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Have dragged myself into the 21st century by getting a Bluesound Node2i. If I can get my head around something like this anybody can. Now feeling pleased with myself I started reading up and watching videos of other streaming gear. Am drawn to the NAD M10 for a few reasons. One it would be nice to do away with the hifi rack and all the clobber on it. All I conceive I would want is my turntable and this M10, well plus speakers of course. Turntable shelf mounted with M10 to one side. To my mind it seems to tick all the right boxes. It combines amp with streamer in one attractive box, I love the touch screen. So here I am dithering as to whether to ditch my amplifier and the Node2i and go for this M10. I like the fact it has Dirac as my room is a bit of a problem, especially bass wise. And lastly is there any other piece of kit somebody can recommend that does all the M10 can do at the same price point. If I do decide on this the Node and the amp will go into the classifieds here,.

Lyngdorf TDAI 1120 - room correction (Roomperfect) that is fully automatic - and highly rated in all reviews, does all of your streaming needs and better than a touch screen on the device is controlling from a tablet which save having to get up and walk across the room. They sound good as well and are slightly cheaper. Love mine and it is the second Lyngdorf I have bought having been so impressed with Roomperfect in my 2170. With Dirac you will have to learn how it works then understand how to get the best out of it, Roomperfect does away with all of that tweaking and allows you to get on with listening to the music. 1120 also has an RIAA turntable input.

Definitely worth a home trial and there are dealers on here that will do this.

Lyngdorf TDAI 1120 - room correction (Roomperfect) that is fully automatic - and highly rated in all reviews, does all of your streaming needs and better than a touch screen on the device is controlling from a tablet which save having to get up and walk across the room. They sound good as well and are slightly cheaper. Love mine and it is the second Lyngdorf I have bought having been so impressed with Roomperfect in my 2170. With Dirac you will have to learn how it works then understand how to get the best out of it, Roomperfect does away with all of that tweaking and allows you to get on with listening to the music. 1120 also has an RIAA turntable input.

Definitely worth a home trial and there are dealers on here that will do this.

:thumbsup: 100% I've had my 1120 for a couple of weeks and absolutely love it. I got rid of of a Bluesound node 2i, Naim amp and Chord DAC. I use the 1120 as a Roon end point. However, if you're not using Roon then the built in steaming software is not as polished as BlueOS. It also doesn't have a touch screen, everything is done via app / web app.

I have to say that the sound from the 1120 with Room Perfect is more than the sum of the parts of the 2i, Naim Nait and Chord Qutest.

I got a very good two week home demo before buying.

I have read about the Lyngdorf. The M10 can obviously be controlled by phone tablet etc so no need to use the touch screen at all, I just like its looks. Read that the Dirac is easy to setup as well. Yes The Lyngdorf is a few hundred cheaper. Right a couple of questions about this unit. In the blurb it mentions internet radio(vTuner) what is the Vtuner bit? Also cannot see any mention of TIdal, Qobuz etc just Spotify Am I missing soething?

Dirac requires setting up, Roomperfect is fully automatic once you have told it what setup you have (no. of subs, distance). If you have not heard Roomperfect in action then I would strongly recommend a trial.

Not sure where you are looking but all is answered here
  • Chromecast built-in
  • Spotify® Connect
  • Roon Ready
  • AirPlay2
  • Bluetooth connectivity
  • Internet Radio (vTuner)
  • Network/local file playback
Also here

Last edited:
Because I use Roon support is built in for Tidal and Qobuz.

The Lyngdorf website mentions that Tidal streaming can be done by 1) Airplay 2) UPNP using, for example, the “mconnect” app, and 3) Roon, which supports Tidal integration in the Roon software.

Right now with it as far as internet radio concerned. Now am I correct in saying that to get it to use Tidal or Qobuz I need to have Roon?

I use my tidal through the chrome cast function. Gives me hifi quality. Don't use Roon myself.

Right thanks that answers that then. I need to go and see these things in the flesh and have a play about. One last thing is there a supplied remote with it? Only ask as one supplier says get it with the remote not without. Mind you their price inc remote is the same as everybody elses so not sure if standard. My local dealer actually has their ex dem unit for sale at £1750. Might give them a ring and try to squeeze a bit more out of them, I hate paying list prices. Not sure why they want to move on their ex dem machine though. Also in the equation is an ex dem Linn Majik DSM does it warrant being in the equation? And finally what is all this stuff about the things fitting into an Ikea Kallix unit costing £45?

Last edited:
Right thanks that answers that then. I need to go and see these things in the flesh and have a play about. One last thing is there a supplied remote with it? Only ask as one supplier says get it with the remote not without. Mind you their price inc remote is the same as everybody elses so not sure if standard. My local dealer actually has their ex dem unit for sale at £1750. Might give them a ring and try to squeeze a bit more out of them, I hate paying list prices. Not sure why they want to move on their ex dem machine though. Also in the equation is an ex dem Linn Majik DSM does it warrant being in the equation? And finally what is all this stuff about the things fitting into an Ikea Kallix unit costing £45?
You can buy an remote for the 1120 for £80. You may be able to do a deal to get one included. I initially thought I would need one but the app does what I need.

I arranged a demo from @AV Online who were very helpful. They have a £100 service fee which include shipping. If you buy a unit then the service fee is refunded.

Have dragged myself into the 21st century by getting a Bluesound Node2i. If I can get my head around something like this anybody can. Now feeling pleased with myself I started reading up and watching videos of other streaming gear. Am drawn to the NAD M10 for a few reasons. One it would be nice to do away with the hifi rack and all the clobber on it. All I conceive I would want is my turntable and this M10, well plus speakers of course. Turntable shelf mounted with M10 to one side. To my mind it seems to tick all the right boxes. It combines amp with streamer in one attractive box, I love the touch screen. So here I am dithering as to whether to ditch my amplifier and the Node2i and go for this M10. I like the fact it has Dirac as my room is a bit of a problem, especially bass wise. And lastly is there any other piece of kit somebody can recommend that does all the M10 can do at the same price point. If I do decide on this the Node and the amp will go into the classifieds here,.
I see your point if you like to change your hifi setup to more organized setup then having more hifi boxes. That being said I would buy Lyngdorf then Nad.

Last edited:
Sorry to restart an old thread. I see the M10 advertised as a 32Bit/384kHz Dac but I only see 196kHz as the maximum sample rate in the specification on the NAD site. Is it possible to go to 384kHz ( I doubt I need to but just wondering if it matters vs the Lyngdorf 1120 going to 96kHz on optical.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom