NAD M10 BluOS Streaming Amp Review & Comments

I really like mine, excellent sound, very easy to use, impressive unit.

I really think we should perhaps do away with the marks out of 10. Here we have an item given 10 but has 2 listings in the cons table. Yes I know you are going to say the 10 is by comparison to similar units.
In a few weeks, months something else might have appeared streets ahead so how do you score that item then?

Why no remote, got rid of my Cyrus One HD within a week as hated not having a remote, loved it apart from couldn;t live without a remote. Who wants to pick up your tablet / phone, fire up and app just to change the volume quickly when the phone rings...

Why no remote, got rid of my Cyrus One HD within a week as hated not having a remote, loved it apart from couldn;t live without a remote. Who wants to pick up your tablet / phone, fire up and app just to change the volume quickly when the phone rings...

Have to agree.

I do use phone/iPad apps for my iTunes and Spotify though; for track changing and album/playlist selection.

But for volume and mute, I want, and use, a real remote.

Even a simple one would be fine.

And at £2000 plus, it’s not too much to request I’d say.

Having said all that though, it does indeed sound like the perfect modern , serious weight, hifi amp.

And Dirac is a splendid addition. Top points to Nad it seems.

Yes agree use ipad or phone for most things, but a quick mute, vol +/-, pause, play etc is invaluable.. I have a NAD with BluSound in my lounge and the volume and input control using the BluOs app is dire, so I always have the remote just for that, but all other control is app based..

No headphone output?

what speakers are a good partner for it?

Bluetooth headphones are accommodated.

And it seems like it has the usual Nad current delivery to drive just about any speakers in a remotely price comparable sense.

For me, I’d try it out with a pair of Dynaudio Special 40s. And, say, an SVS 12” sub with Dirac.

I can only imagine it would be quite an awesome way to spend £5000

You can program any remote to work with it via the BluOS app. I have an old JBL basic 1 that I use but to be honest I use the app mainly to control volume.

1570181971066.png

You can program any remote to work with it via the BluOS app. I have an old JBL basic 1 that I use but to be honest I use the app mainly to control volume.

I didn't even find I needed to do this. There are three reasons why I don't feel this is as critical as it has been elsewhere;

First- when streaming, the volume is tied to the app and always on screen, as the app has a long 'stay on' period so it's generally there.
Second- in HDMI Arc mode, the TV remote assumes volume control.
Third- in extremis if someone phones me, I can walk over and tap the screen as distinct from a few devices with neither remote nor physical controls.

I use a pair of KEF R3 speakers and a B&W PV1, sound is excellent.

I don't miss the remote at all, have programmed a few key operations onto the TV remote but always have the app open so never use them.

The unit is stylish and small yet provides everything needed, it really is ideal.

I'll stick with my Uniti Atom. When i'm listening to Spotify via the Ios app the volume buttons on my phone operate the uniti whether the screen is on or not and it has it's own zigbee remote too

I don't s'pose anyone has compared the musical chops of this to an M32?

Yes their RRP is miles apart, but I've seen them ex-demo and open box at £2500 several times.

M10 has Dirac and the form factor (IMO) going for it, the M32 on the other hand should be an altogether more capable beast... in theory.

I think this just might be what i was looking for in the living room to deliver TV and stereo output. I reckon this will pair superbly with a pair of Arendal bookshelf speakers. Nice one NAD.

The M10 sounds better than the M32 actually...

Now that is interesting feedback. Have you side-by-sided them?

I've had an itch to streamline my main system on and off for a while and had considered the M32, and thought it the M10 was even slightly close it might be a better call.

I'll stick with my Uniti Atom. When i'm listening to Spotify via the Ios app the volume buttons on my phone operate the uniti whether the screen is on or not and it has it's own zigbee remote too

You have a very fine amp/streamer in the Uniti Atom.

To be clear, if I have the Bluesound app open on my phone or tablet, the volume buttons on that also control the volume. If the screen on my tablet is 'timed out' I can still pause play with it by touching the screen. There are several who have programmed their Logitech Harmony remotes to work with the M10, so there's that for those who insist upon a remote.

As to headphone use, that's where things weren't thought through well. Or, at all.

Last edited:
There's one VERY cool feature about having both the M10 (in my office with my turntable) and an NAD T758v3 in the living room. This would apply if one had a Bluesound Node or any other player on the BluOS system elsewhere on the same network.

I have a phono amp as an analog input to my M10. Once I start playing an LP, I can send that music to another player, play it on both or all 3 of my systems (Vault 2 in the guest room system), or simply choose any one.

Of course the difficulty lies in that I only get about 22 minutes of music in the other location(s) before I have to head back to the office and flip the LP or change it. Still, my wife enjoys it if I put her LP's on the TT and she can sit back on the sofa in the living room and listen while I'm sitting in the sweet spot between my LS50's at a completely different volume.

This all this also applies with any streaming source or my library on the Vault 2. Having a high-quality amp that can do it is heavenly.

while I'm sitting in the sweet spot between my LS50's at a completely different volume.

Ken,

How does it sound with the LS50s?

I’m thinking of changing amp and was thinking about the new Arcam stereo amp. This seems to be very similar and has now also grabbed my attention.

How’s it volume wise? The Arcam is 220w in to 4ohm which is more powerful, but The fact the NAD doesn’t change power seems to indicate it’ll be ok for the LS50s

Tia

Dave

I love it with my LS50's! I had a Bluesound Powernode 2 before this. The M10 is more detailed, better everything.

In my 10' x 12' (3m x 4m, approx.) office, I've never been able to run it anywhere near max volume. The Hypex nCore amps are great and very impedence tolerant.

The biggest difference between them will lie in the way you use them. For me, I love the BluOS system and don't see myself using anything else. Perhaps Roon, but even that can't do what BluOS does in my home.

I had a pair of LS50's with mine initially and it sounded great.

The LS50's had never sounded so good before, they sounded so good I decided to move further up KEF's food chain to the R3's which sound even better IMO.

Why are the review comparisons to the Uniti Star, surely the Atom is the more natural competitor. In fact that’s the decision I’m trying to make at the moment Atom or M10?

I've had an M10 for a few months now and it's been an absolute revelation in my 2.1 system (Dynaudio Special Forty speakers & JL E110 sub).

I was expecting a significant step down from my separates system (DiDiT DAC212SE > Conrad Johnson Premier 11a), but honestly other than a slight change in tonality from the tubes to the NAD, I don't feel I'm missing anything. The user-friendliness of the NAD is off the charts better of course, and Dirac Live was the deal-clincher for me over Naim and is very effective in my room (YMMV).

After decades in this hifi game and countless separates, I'm chuffed to bits to have found a shoe-box size component that not only does just about everything, but also doesn't seem to give up sound quality in the process.

As for negatives, the only one I have is the lack of headphone socket. You can still use bluetooth but it'd be nice to have a socket as well.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom