1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NAD L70 DVD/Receiver opinions please.

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by They, Oct 11, 2003.

1. They

They
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am interested in the NAD L70 DVD/Receiver which seems good value with high quality audio and easy to use, but does anyone here have experience with this unit, reliability, video quality, ease of use etc?

Thanks for any info.

Cheers.

They.

2. kiddi

kiddi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i've personally got the L55 dvd player and I'm not happy with it. the picture is not nearly as good as, say, the Pioneer 565, that I'm getting next week.

The L70 got a lousy review in the new What Hifi? magazine.. seems it's powerful but problems with the picture and sound.. no progressive scan, no dvd-audio, no sacd.....

I'd think about it...

3. They

They
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info Kiddi, I am going to try it out at home and with my intended 5.1 system but just wanted to find out any experiences, particularly long term views.

4. Gatto

Gatto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Check out this Month Home cinema choice mag., it is rated as a 4 star product. The built in DVD is standard staff, but it is highly praised for its internal amplification, NAD rates this amp as 5 * 40 watts at 8ohms, but when tested it reached 60*5 with ease. I read the what Hifi review, but within the Review the mag seems to have missed the point of this all in one package!

If you are going to connect this all in one to somthing that will accept an RGB scart and want some good amplification then, I would surely go for it!