Nad d 3020 v2 pairing issue

colwyng

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi there, hoping someone might be able help. Just bought a nad D 3020 v2 and got it set up. Works fine with my turntable but when I try to pair it with my iPhone it’s just not showing as an available device. Tried it with my son’s android phone and the same thing. The user manual doesn’t say you have to do anything to make the amp discoverable so I am at a loss. Any suggestions gratefully received!

NAD D 3020 Bluetooth pairing
2 Select the unique device ID of your D 3020 among the available devices listed in your Bluetooth settings. Pair or connect together your D 3020 and Bluetooth device. 3 Upon successful pairing of your Bluetooth device and D 3020, select “BT” as a Source to listen to music stream from your Bluetooth device.

Upvote 0
page7image3569624112
page7image3569626160

BLUETOOTH AS A SOURCE
Initiate pairing of your Bluetooth device with D 3020 by following below procedure.
  1. 1 Using your iOS, Android or your Bluetooth device, go to Settings –
    Bluetooth and then scan for Bluetooth devices.
  2. 2 Select the unique device ID of your D 3020 among the available devices
    listed in your Bluetooth settings. Pair or connect together your D 3020
    and Bluetooth device.
  3. 3 Upon successful pairing of your Bluetooth device and D 3020, select “BT”
    as a Source to listen to music stream from your Bluetooth device.

Upvote 0
View attachment 1479014 View attachment 1479015
BLUETOOTH AS A SOURCE
Initiate pairing of your Bluetooth device with D 3020 by following below procedure.
  1. 1 Using your iOS, Android or your Bluetooth device, go to Settings –
    Bluetooth and then scan for Bluetooth devices.
  2. 2 Select the unique device ID of your D 3020 among the available devices
    listed in your Bluetooth settings. Pair or connect together your D 3020
    and Bluetooth device.
  3. 3 Upon successful pairing of your Bluetooth device and D 3020, select “BT”
    as a Source to listen to music stream from your Bluetooth device.
Thanks @camcroft. I have tried following the steps above but amp isn’t showing up among the list available devices.

Upvote 0
How many devices do you have on your is it a phone or what some devices will only pair with so many devices. my iPhone is like that just let me know how many there are. and make sure that you have disconnected from the previous device.

Upvote 0
It’s paired up with my Samsung watch and Tiles (connected) and the car stereo (disconnected). Would it be worth wiping all of them from the phone and trying again with the amp?

Upvote 0
It’s paired up with my Samsung watch and Tiles (connected) and the car stereo (disconnected). Would it be worth wiping all of them from the phone and trying again with the amp?
Its worth a try at least if you get that on first you know that you can get the rest back again. I think you can pair with 7 different devices on the iPhone but only 1 at a time. Good Luck

Upvote 0
Was this new or used? Maybe try clearing any previously stored BT pairing:

UNPAIR BLUETOOTH CONNECTION
Undertake below procedure to unpair or disconnect Bluetooth connection to D 3020.
1 While at operating mode, press and hold “4” button of AMP 3 remote control until “BT” begins to flash in the front screen.
2 Release “4” button as “BT” flashes for three times. Bluetooth connection is cleared and available again for pairing or connection.

Also check you have the latest v2.1 firmware installed.

Upvote 0
Thanks RBZ5416. It was a new open box deal so I have tried wiping previous connections and installing the latest firmware but no joy. Looks like it’s going back to the shop!

Upvote 0
Thanks RBZ5416. It was a new open box deal so I have tried wiping previous connections and installing the latest firmware but no joy. Looks like it’s going back to the shop!
Hope that you get it sorted. Good luck

Upvote 0
Worth a call to Nad in the morning, just in case there's some undocumented method for switching BT off. Although the cynic in me is more inclined towards it being returned for the same reason & then resold.

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom