1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nad CD 521i vs Sony DV725

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by tbibic, Jan 3, 2003.

1. tbibic

tbibic
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am thinking of getting a dedicated CD player but was wondering what the collective thought of this was forum was as to whether it's worth it.

I have a long serving (and much loved) DVD player- a Sony 725. I've been using it to play CDs and it has been OK.

I wondered whether it would be worth buying the Nad 521i to improve the sound.

I have:
    Marantz 4200 AV amp
    B&W 601S3 speakers

Any thoughts gratefully received.

2. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Nad is highly likely to be superior to the 725 for CD replay if you conect to the amp with analogue cables. If you are connecting digitally, you are using the player as a transport so it will still be going through the amp's Dacs.

3. Tejpal

Tejpal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Nad 521i. I would recommend you demo it before you buy. I thought the marantz 6000OSE sounded better, but I had bought a Nad amp, so It had to match.

Its a very good cd player, but they are better out there for the same price.