NAD C700 Streaming Amplifier Review & Comments

Fasen

Good review @Ed Selley :) From memory how well do you think the C700 would partner with ATC speakers ? Thinking you have reviewed the HTS series (although it has been some years ;-))

MaryWhitehouse

Thanks for the review. I’ve got to ask. Why blue terminals? Is that a NAD thing?

Steve Stifler

Nice review Ed.

In my best C3PO voice “thank the maker” that there is no waxing lyrical about the superpower of being able to hear inky blacks. One for the Marvel crew.

NAD / bluesound are consistently good with their products.

EasterEEL1

Thanks for the review.

No remote control as standard - It is unforgivable.

How much is it to order one? Overall quality? How well does it work? Would have liked to have seen answers to these questions in the review.

MaryWhitehouse

No remote control as standard - It is unforgivable.

Not really. It's aimed at streaming so you're going to want to use your phone or tv to control it better than any remote so why pay extra?

steviedr

Distinguished Member
I have the T778 which has a massive remote and I never use it, I use the app or of streaming, Spotify for example, then the volume up/down by using phones volume button. I know we are used to having remotes, but if it brings the cost down I’d like to see this option included in many other products.

Ftorek

Regardless of the gear itself...
Kudos for putting on Carbon Based Lifeforms... but calling it techno... maaan... :)
Fair play! (pun intended :)

Cheers
f.

anavfan

I'd love to know how this would compare with a Bluesound Powernode. I have the last generation and been looking for an upgrade for my office so wanted a small form factor.

The powernode is excellent for it's price and size and this seems like an obvious upgrade.

fordster

100W into 8ohms but only 125W into 4ohms? That’s odd for a class D amplifier as they’re usually almost double aren’t they?

I think it is good to see the market for streaming “just add speakers” boxes growing.

Oswald

I'd love to know how this would compare with a Bluesound Powernode. I have the last generation and been looking for an upgrade for my office so wanted a small form factor.

The powernode is excellent for it's price and size and this seems like an obvious upgrade.
"Either the same or very, very similar" sound according to this review by Andrew Robinson (from around the 9 minute mark). He notes the extra connectivity, large colour screen, and physical volume knob of the NAD C700.

Last edited:

Fasen

I had the latest powernode home for testing. Amazing piece of kit for the money. Truly astonishing how much you get for a relative low price. Couldn't quite beat my seperates, but came damn close at a third of the price.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom