1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NAD C372 or Copland CSA8?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by zenz, Feb 23, 2005.

1. zenz

zenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking to upgrade my current NAD C320Bee, considering either the nad or the copland. Could someone tell me, sound wise, are the any significance different between these 2 amps?

My setup:

Speaker: AE Evo 3
    CDP: Marantz CD7300
    Interconnects: Van den hul D102 MKIII

2. SKA.face

SKA.face

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Copland without a doubt,then change speakers.

3. ethan

ethan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    could you tell why ....( am just asking nothing else)

4. mudan

mudan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I haven't heard the Copland but used to have a C370. It's a good amp but does have clear limitations, hence my current amp is an old Pioneer A400 which is better. Initially owned the C320 and the C370 was a huge improvement. Not sure how the newer C372 compares to the C370 though.

zenz I used to have a similar system to yours: AE + NAD + Marantz CD6000OSE with vdh D102III.

The AE speakers are good but I'm looking to hopefully change mine in the coming year. Very nice overall sound but the bass could go deeper and main limitation in my opinion is how they can sometimes sound shut-in, lacking in top end detail.

5. zenz

zenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mudan, thanks for the advice. I do also find that the bass doesn't go deep enough. I decided to go for the copland since the deal is quite okay to me, it's roughly 560 pounds (I am in malaysia) while the NAD c372 cost about 470.