1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NAD C352in a Surround Sound Situation

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by hamc84, May 4, 2005.

1. hamc84

hamc84

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I Have a NAD C352 and a pair of B&W 601's. I want to use this as the basis (front left and right) of a surround system. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I need in terms of poweramps,processors to do this? I have thought about getting a Yamaha DSP-E800,but they have been around for a while,and I would like something a bit more up to date.
    I was thing about getting another pair of B&W's for the rear and B&W LCR60S3 as a centre,or Bose 161's for the rear and Bose VCS10 as the centre.
    Any suggestions/recommendations would be gratefully received.

Cheers

2. booktrunk

booktrunk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    How about just getting an integrated A/V amp. Just ensure you get one with pre-outs for the Front L & R and stick them into your NAD.

Something like the yamaha 650/750 series of Marantz 5000 series, or even Denon 2805.

Then use either your Nad as a pure poweramp. Or probably best as it is with CDP etc... into the NAD and just have the pre-outs going into a specific input on it. Then just have to ensure the volume dial is in the same place as when you do the sound level testing on your NAD when you listen to movies.

Steff

3. Mr Cat

Mr Cat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    this is what I do (see signature for kit listing) - but I plug the Nad's main in and into the yammys pre-outs (double check the name of the inputs / outputs as I always forget!) - but you don;t have to get the two volumes synced, you simply only have to use the volume on the yammy and that works fine, in fact the sound is about 20% better than just using the yammy....

my yammy is an oldish AV amp

however, when I want to plays cds - I have to disconnect the 2 amps and put the jumper clips back in the nad amp, and remove the sub from being connected the the yammy to the nad - but that only takes a few minutes.

4. wookie

wookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    or use a good switchbox between the pre outs of the Nad and Yamaha and have the switchbox output connected to the main in sockets on the NAD.