1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nad C320bee

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by northernmunki, Jan 14, 2005.

1. northernmunki

northernmunki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've just bought myslef some TDL KV6 spaeakers and a NAD C320BEE amp from Richer Sounds. I was expecting to be blown away with the performance compared to my old JVC compact system. Yes its more powerful and sounds better however I think I'm missing the wow factor. It cost me just short of £400 so was expecting a lot more. I've tried my friends Celestion floor standers and they sound different, less bass. I know this is all very subjective and if i like it then thats all that matters. Im not seeing many reviews for TDL, the next size up Studio 10 do seem to get mixed reviews though.

I listen to the usual pop/rock music, and quite a lot of it is DAB and MP3. I've used CD's and MP3 for my testing.

I find the speakers very rumbley (is this a word!) and I find I have to turn the bass way down on the amp but then its not punchy and clear.

What does anyone think about my choice? Is the amp OK but the speakers could do better?

Any responses welcome.

Thanx

2. Lostinapc

Lostinapc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i'm not sure about your speakers & amp pairing but try moving the floorstanders away from the corners and wall, possibly half a metre away from both. this should help the booming but keep the bass punchy.
    hope it helps!

3. northernmunki

northernmunki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info. I've tried that today and it does improve things but still a bit boomy.

4. Lostinapc

Lostinapc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw your thread in the other forums and I agree, go for the mordant shorts if you can :p

5. Commited

Commited

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did you not demo the set-up before you bought it?
    have you tried blocking the bass port (if there is one)?