• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Nad C320BEE v C325BEE Amp

Nick_Y

Standard Member
Hi,

I am interested in a setup comprising of the Nad C320BEE amp and the C525BEE CD player.

However I have heard that the 320 amp is being replaced by the 325, but have heard that the new model is not rated as highly?

Does anyone have any experience of these two models?

Thanks.

markelliott

I'm probably the best guy to ask. Having previously owned the NAD C320BEE amp and C521BEE CD player, I now have the C325BEE amp and C525BEE CD player. They are connected to the same speakers (Mission m33i floorstanders), as I didn't change those. The 325 is definitely better than the 320, without a shadow of doubt. The same can be said for the 525 CD player. There is NAD Master Series components in the 325 amp. :thumbsup:

The setup sounds warm and the bass is out of this world on my Drum & Bass collection. :smashin:

Why on earth would you want to have the new 525 CD player combined with the old 320 amp? The 320 amp and 521 CD player go together and the 325 amp and 525 player go together. I would go for the latest models, you won't regret it. Just make sure you pair them with some good speakers and interconnects.

If you're wondering why I changed to the latest NAD models, it's because the old ones which I had were the Titanium (silver) finish, and I now required black to match the rest of my kit. :cool:

Spangle2k5

There really is no difference between the 2 that I can hear. The 325 is arguably slightly more detailed, but not enough to get hung up on.

I have the 320 driving £500s worth of speakers and it gives a pretty impressive account of itself. On £300 or so speakers I cannot imagine a difference will be discernable between the 2 amps.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom