Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Nad C320bee Amplifier

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by sam_a, Jan 11, 2003.

1. sam_a

sam_a

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am very new to Hi-Fi - and I don't really understand how the overall impendance of the speaker effects the setup. I am looking to buy a NAD C320BEE AMPLIFIER, and also some JBL XTi20 speakers. The speakers are rated at 6 ohms, but I can find no mention of any of this on the NAD website - how will this effect my setup?

Thanks,

Sam

2. Grimley

Grimley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't worry about it too much, NAD amps are designed to drive speakers with difficult loads. Their power usually doubles as the impedence lowers ie (40 Watts into 8 ohms 80 Watts into 4 ohms). High Wattage doesn't usually mean it will go louder, it's how an amp handles current & NAD amps are very good at this, their Amps have been critically acclaimed by reviewers for years.
    As for your JBL speakers I don't know about them, but any respectable dealer will let you demo an amp with your speakers.