Answered NAD C 370 Setup Help (Hi-Fi Newbie)

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by zumbi997, Jul 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. zumbi997

zumbi997
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently came into possession of an NAD C370 amplifier along with a pair of ProAc Tablette 2000 bookcase speakers, an audioengine s8 subwoofer, and a music hall usb-1 turntable. I used to use the turntable and the sub with a pair of powered audioengine a5's and that worked out great, but I just got all this nice gear and tried to hook it all up.
    It didn't go great.

As of right now have the sub hooked up to the pre-out 1 output and the turntable hooked up to the Tuner input (there isn't a phono). The speakers are hooked up to the A outputs, but when I play the turntable I can only hear the subwoofer, which can be adjusted with the main volume knob.
    Before this I tried running the turntable into the Main In inputs but when I played it that way it was unbearably loud and the volume knob did nothing. I have to assume that the Main In input is for an input with its own adjustable amp, but I do not know how to make any of the other inputs come through the speakers.

Any knowledge, experience, or wisdom would be much appreciated.
    Thank you.

edit: originally posted on the wrong board.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by kevkbuk, Jul 17, 2018 (1 points)
  3. kevkbuk

kevkbuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,176
    Best Answer
    I guess this is like my C350 and is an integrated amp. The Main In is for use with a pre-amp hence the no volume adjustment. As you're not using it with an external pre-amp it should be connected to the built in pre-amp output and should've come with a couple of metal links for this purpose.

4. Ugg10

Ugg10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,647
    Agree with Kevkbuk -

MusicHall USB > rca outputs, switch set to line out > Disk/Video/CD/AUX input, any one will do > Speakers connected to the speaker terminals (A) making sure you connect red to red and black to black + Subwoofer via rca cable on Preout 1. Make sure that the Main In and Preout 2 have the connectors in as per picture below. Also check bridge mode is off.

Final thing, make sure the right input is selected and that speaker A is selected on the front of the amp.

I would start with the Sub set to about half volume and the cross over frequency just a bit higher then the specified minimum for your speakers and once you have it up and running wind up the sub volume until you can just hear it and the back it off a tad. this will be a good music starting point.

No reason why this setup should not work.

Hope this helps.

[​IMG]

5. zumbi997

zumbi997
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh my goodness. I'm an idiot. Looking at your picture I realize what has gone wrong. At some point the jumpers between the Main in and Pre out 2 must have gotten lost or replaced. You reckon if I just throw some nice RCA interconnects in there it'll be alright?

6. Ugg10

Ugg10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,647
    Yep, any connectors should do it, it is only passing the 2v music signal afaik.