Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

NAD Amplifier

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by ma6235, Jun 30, 2004.

1. ma6235

ma6235

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone tell me how to connect the stereo output of my cheapo (Yamada) DVD player to my old (but still sounding good) NAD 3020 amp ?
    A CD player is connected to the AUX socket, and a tuner to the tuner socket. If I connect the DVD to the remaining phono or tape sockets the sound quality is not good and you only have turn the volume control up a small amount to get a large output ! I'm sure this won't do the amp much good. I suspect that when the amp was manufactured DVDs had not been invented and compatability is a problem. Is there any way to overcome this ?

Thanks for any help.

2. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tape socket shouldn't behave like that and should be ok, don't connect it to the phono input as it is amplified.
    If not and buy an expander to allow 3 items to plug into one input.