1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nad 763 or integra 7.4

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by gord, Jan 13, 2004.

1. gord

gord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking to buy a receiver for home theater .I'm
    using b&w for speakers. I would be using 60 audio
    40 video .I was looking at the nad or integra.
    does anyone have any opinions on the two receivers. thanks

2. Gatto

Gatto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently own a T762. I can say that I'm very satisfied with this product. My current setup is set as follows: NAD T531 connected through Digital in, NAD C540 connected through Analogue in, Toshiba DVD/Video Combi connected to digital/analague in, PS2 connected through optical In (Svideo passing through NAD). Speakers being Driven are in 5.1 mode Set of KEF TDM THX Certified Speakers (4Ohms all round) . As regards to connectivity, the NAD offers several ins and outs at the back (mainly 6 digital in 2 out, 6 Svideo in and 2 out, 2 sub out, 7.1 in/out, 3 Component in/1 out etc. etc. plus great support for zone B connectivity). The Software is very flexible and inputs can be assigned, labeled etc.

The New T763 is software upgradeble plus NAD has already supplied the required software to control the current T76* range through the RS232 port at the back. All you need is an rs232 cable and the software to setup up your NAD from Windows.

This Receiver will drive any speaker load. My current Kefs are quite power hungry and I can say that they can be driven at reference level at prolongated periods, without a sign of sweat.

When hearing stereo material through the NAD cd player the sound is quite warm/detailed and very clear! Formats supported is quite good. All major formats are covered within my T762 except for DTS 96/24 which isn't a mojor issue for me!

I would recomend that before making any decissions, I would go and audition both models! And let your ears do the job for you!!

3. gord

gord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks.