Nad 3130

ALTSELGREEN

Standard Member
Hi All
I think I have accidentally fried the output transistors on my loved NAD 3130 -a pair of speaker wires accidentally touched, which was accompanied by a smell and now the only sound is a low distorted output from both channels. I have had a peak inside and 2 of the internal fuses are blown and there appears to be a burnt out capacitor near the speaker inputs. :oops:I lack the knowledge and skill to repair it and wondered if any forum member can recommend someone who could? I live in West Sussex UK. Very near to Horsham.
Many thanks
Tony

reddish75

It may well cost more than another working 3130, however once fixed it should be fine for years to come, something to consider before getting it repaired. I could fix it however i'm in manchester so you would have to send it to and fro (which is cheaper than you might think). PM if interested and i will send you a likley price.

regards

chris

ALTSELGREEN

Standard Member
Thanks for the reply Chris-I'm taking it to a place not far from me but if no joy with them I'll certainly bear your kind offer in mind. Probably not worth going over £60 on repair costs. Cheers

reddish75

£60 seems right for what i would do it for but i work from home between kids school times so a shop maybe more expensive.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom