NAD 3020e amp with Monitor Audio Bronz 100

GergoRakolcza

Novice Member
Hey,
I have a NAD 3020e amp and I am thinking of buying a monitor audio bronz 100. Is the NAD amp powerful enough?How the NAD sounds like?
I have also a a yamaha htr4068 5.1 amp. Which should sound better in a stereo set?

It would be great if you could help me with your earliest convenience.
Thank you

password1

Distinguished Member
Neither will do the Bronze 100 any justice

That amp is only rated 20 watts at 8 ohms, well below the minimum recommended by MA.

A budget avr will not be very good for stereo performance.

English Invader

The NADs have a very good reputation for punching above their weight but the old ones are out of their depth in the contemporary speaker market.

As mentioned elsewhere on the forum, I use a 20w NAD 310 to power a pair of vintage speakers from the 70s and I'm able to fill the room with no trouble at all. Speakers aren't as sensitive as they used to be and the current trend is to make 30cm x 15cm speakers with sensitivity ratings in the mid to low 80s that need a 100w amp to do them justice. Crazy.

The art of the low powered yet properly channeled amplifier that NAD used to excel in is becoming less and less relevant because the speakers aren't there to support it.

matthewpiano78

The NAD is a nice amp. What speakers are you currently using, and why do you wish to change them?

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom