Nad 3020 Whats it worth ??

The Eggman72

Hi dont know if this is the correct place if not mods please move & apologies if it is...Ive a Nad 3020i in good cond what are these currently changing hands for ?? came across it in a box in my garage forgot I had it...

Last edited:

Atomic Flange

The Eggman72 said:
Hi dont know if this is the correct place if not mods please move & apologies if it is...Ive a Nad 3020 in good cond what are these currently changing hands for ?? came across it in a box in my garage forgot I had it...
There is one going on eBay at the moment for £38 with 4 hours left.

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
NAD 3020: Vintage hi-fi that still sounds great | The Audiophiliac - CNET News

Unless I am mistaken, the NAD 3020 was rated as one of the best amps of all time. Though the power is a little low.

Nad 3020 vs Nad 3020a - The Art of Sound Forum

NAD 3020 Integrated Amplifiers Reviews

3020A Stereo Integrated Amplifier - NAD Electronics

This is a very desirable amp, especially among collectors. But how much you can get for it is unclear. I guess quite a lot if you are willing to wait around for someone knowledgeable in the history and reputation of this amp.

I've seen the in the USA selling for £200 (£130), which is probably more than they cost new in 1978.

It is a very good amp, but what you can get for it depends on how fast you want to sell it. As I said, to the right person, £130 would not be unreasonable if in good shape. But, on a quick sale, likely in the £30 to £50 range.

One drawback to someone who knows little about the amp history, is that it is only 20w/ch.

Steve/bluewizard

The Eggman72

Cheers guys...1st place I looked was fleabay but bids seemed all over the shop & no real clear guide..I may out it in the classifieds on here...

Pikeyp

I'm old enough to remember these amps when they first came out!

I thought about buying one at the time , but ultimately went for a Nytech receiver a year or so later! , then a Mission Cyrus 1 , then an Arcam Alpha 3.

Certainly a classic *very* high-powered 20 watts ... why not hold on to it?

The Eggman72

Not need for it now m8 gone multi channel used to use it in a 2ch setup with a Sony Ep9es processor as a DAC which I also have & am looking at selling...would sooner move it on to someone who will get some pleasure from it..