N96 return?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by id210, Feb 7, 2009.

1. id210

id210

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

I have just taken out a new contract deal through the carphone warehouse with o2. I decided to get the N96, on an 18 month contract (the phone was free with the contract).

Now upon receiving the phone, I have noticed the phone lags a little, this is my first Nokia (I normally get the Sony Erricsons) and I am not impressed.

Now I am wondering if I will be able to return the phone for a direct swap to the SE C905. The only problem is that I have put my sim card in the phone, unwrapped the battery, unwrapped the charger and have used the phone for 2 days.

2. dts197

dts197

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +661
    It's usual to have 7 to 14 days depending on the network to have the right to return the phone if you're not happy with it. It doesn't matter if it's used or not.

I don't think you can just do a straight swap though, you'd probably hav to return it and get that contract cancelled and take out another. Someone might correct me on that one.

Best thing to do is ring the place you got it from and arrange the return.

3. id210

id210

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply, I didn't realize you can return the phone even if it has been used.. thanks!

When I spoke to the carphone warehouse when taking out the contract, he said I had a 14 day cooling off period to cancel the contract, however he said as soon as I put the sim card in the phone that becomes void and I have accepted the agreement.

However, I still want a contact with them, its just the phone which I don't want, but again if I am not happy with it then surely I can amend my contract/change the phone. Perhaps there are separate conditions in relation to the contract and the phone.

I am going to ring them tomorrow I just want to quiz up on my 'rights' so to speak so they can't take advantage of me, haha

4. supahoops

supahoops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Im sure you get up to 7 days return policy on mobile fones even if you have used the fone for a couple of days.

Also im sure the N96 is worth more than the c905 so they should not really have any issues swapping the fone over.