N95 Battery Life

n8384

hi all,

got my N95 from Vodafone on friday evening.
i let the battery die before leaving it to charge...once fully charged what i notice is that the phone only lasts for 2 hours and then i get the beeping noise saying battery low...i only used the GPS for about 2 mins and made a 4 minute call...

anyone else having the same problem...?

kamaran

hi all,

i let the battery die before leaving it to charge...once fully charged what i notice is that the phone only lasts for 2 hours and then i get the beeping noise saying battery low...i only used the GPS for about 2 mins and made a 4 minute call...

Do you have wi-fi/bluetooth/GPS continually connected?

Also make sure you close your apps not in use, you can check this by holding down the menu button to see which apps are open.

Battery life on mine is fine - not brilliant but not that bad for a smartphone.

n8384

no apps running...have checked my holding the menu button..

think i am going to take it back to vodafone..

pacificdragon

hi all,

Not too sure if Voda has the same set up as T-Mobile however I have noticed that if you don't press the exit button when finished in an application it does stay on, e.g. when accessing the internet or maps etc,,, if the 3G symbol says 3G with the symbol below it on the main menu it means something is switched on thus draining the battery but most other application shouldn't drain the battery,

One thing I have noticed on the N95 is you can see what you have not closed properly when you go into the menu a small blue semi circle beside the icon means something is running,,, if you have no semi circle looking thing beside the icons I reckon faulty battery,

Regards,

Brian.

smokedog

My battery can last up to 2 days, so not too bad.

To save power:
- switching to gsm only
- turn the backlight brightness down
- use power saving screensaver(time and date).

youngsyp

Distinguished Member
Just for info, there is no point 'cycling' lithium ion or lithium polymer batteries as, they have no 'memory effect'. I.e., running the battery down to nothing and recharging it to maximum. This will not increase the battery's capacity/life, in fact, with these type of cells, it can/will actually damage the battery and reduce its life.

As a rule of thumb, you should discharge the battery to a maximum of around 20% of it's capacity, and then recharge it from there. But, it's better to just charge the battery when you get the opportunity, in order to preserve it.

To get back to the OP questions, I think you have a duff battery. Take it back to where you got it from and get a replacement.

Regards

Paul

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom