N80 on 02 - cannot send text messages

RobbySpurs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Well finally left Orange and now on 02. Got the Nokia N80 and so far so pleased, with no signal issues that seem to dog other users on O2. My house which was a black spot on Orange, now seems fine!

Anyway 2 issues, one of which is more annoying than the other.

1) i can't seem to send text messages. I receive them no problem, but sending always fails. Not sure why - any suggestions?

2) when I connect to my pc via usb, after disconnecting it tells me the usb connection is still open. Solved by switching off and switching back on again. Is this just one of those software niggles?

tried re-downloading the O2 settings from the nokia website?

Can anyone on 02 let me know what the message centre and number settings are? I am not getting anywhere!

cracker said:
tried re-downloading the O2 settings from the nokia website?

Tried that - does all the settings but text messaging.

Also spoken to O2 - no help, and tried the number on that link. Still no joy, so looks like it must be a fault phone, or sim card. Strange thing is, all other functions work, can make calls, can send MMS messages, just not the texts!

:rolleyes:

Tried everything again, and now it is working! Weird. For some reason it wasn't sending the failed messages.

If you transferred your number into O2 from another network then for around 24 hours after the number is transferred you have limited SMS service. It's one of the last services to be reinstated on a port. Also O2 have been having extensive network-side problems with SMS over the past few weeks so it's unlikely at best that your phone has any incorrect settings.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom