• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

n8 and email - please help!

SharonK

Standard Member
Hello all :)

Haven't been here for a while but just upgraded my contract so have swopped my n97 for an n8. On the n97 I used to have nokia messaging so I had my sky emails forwarded to my phone, they also downloaded to pc via microsoft outlook. However I have set up email on the n8 and whilst it shows me my sky emails brilliantly it is seemingly intercepting them completely so they don't appear on my pc!? How can I rectify this because I need them to my pc as well. I cannot find nokia messaging to download on the ovi store anymore so I had just followed the on-phone instructions for setting up mail and not used a downloaded app.

please help! (explain in simple terms please if possible! ;))
thanks
Sharon

danrich1

Is there a setting along lines of 'leave on server' or 'delete from server' in the mailbox settings? You need to tell it not to delete from server if poss. GL.

Jamie

Distinguished Member
I presume you used POP as the server type for your e-mails. If you have the option use IMAP instead as its much better (Sky certainly support IMAP as I use it on Android but I don't know if the N8 does)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom