N3

amardilo

Distinguished Member
I played the demo and the game seems OK. Still unsure if I should buy this game.

I think I might get a bit bored if the gameplay is just slashing things and the camera angles (and following your map) are a bit of a problem but all in all it looks really good.

I didn't know it had poor reviews. Do you have a link to any.
 

leeb

Novice Member
I enjoyed playing the demo but I found it to be rather difficult and the fact you have to replay the whole level over and over till completed would get very tiresome to me.

I must confess that I still haven't completed the demo :blush: so can't see much point in buying the full game! :suicide:
 

RandomLee

Distinguished Member
I'd like to think the demo didnt do the game justice, in which case I might rent this one 1st, and if it's any good buy in a few months when it's cheaper.
 

BuFF DaDDy

Novice Member
RandomLee said:
I'd like to think the demo didnt do the game justice.
I had the same thoughts about Chromehounds, but when I thought Id give it ago after the dissapointing demo its one of my most favourite games on live now. But with N3 the "Start from the Start if/when you die scenario" doesnt bode well for me, I can see myself losing my temper and throwing the controller at the TV on this one. Im giving it a miss
 

amardilo

Distinguished Member
leeb said:
I must confess that I still haven't completed the demo :blush:
Your not the only one mate........

I read on a preview that a lot of levels take around 30 minutes to complete. Add that to the fact that if you die you start from the being of the level :(

I doubt I would ever complete that game if I bought it.
 

Mr Quint

Distinguished Member
amardilo said:
I didn't know it had poor reviews. Do you have a link to any.
I am sat behind a firewall here so i cant get to any of the sites like GameTrailers or Gamespot, maybe someone else can post a link. :)

RE; the start from the start after you die, well that isnt a problem with me, after all most games in the good old days made you do this anyway. :thumbsup: unless you where cheap an kept on pumping in the 10p's and continuing. :rolleyes:
 

TheBiGW

Well-known Member
I got this on import. It's a tough little game. And some of the levels are pretty long. It's hard to spend 25 minutes battling through a level to get killed by the boss at the end and have to redo loads of stuff :(
 

BuFF DaDDy

Novice Member
Mr Quint said:
I am sat behind a firewall here so i cant get to any of the sites like GameTrailers or Gamespot, maybe someone else can post a link. :)

RE; the start from the start after you die, well that isnt a problem with me, after all most games in the good old days made you do this anyway. :thumbsup: unless you where cheap an kept on pumping in the 10p's and continuing. :rolleyes:
I guess that was aimed at my quote? Well for a start games are supposed to be fun and to enjoy yourself, not to be frustrated and lose your temper as you have played 30mins to get to the end of the level and one smack from the boss and its back to the start of the level for it "Probably" to happen again, if this is your idea of fun then fair play to you.:rolleyes:

And as for the old days, I played numerous occasions on a single credit on Double Dragon and how can pumping 10p's in an arcade machine be cheap?:rolleyes:
 

Mr Quint

Distinguished Member
BuFF DaDDy said:
And as for the old days, I played numerous occasions on a single credit on Double Dragon and how can pumping 10p's in an arcade machine be cheap?:rolleyes:
Double Dragon eh, now your talking, cant see you haveing a problem with N3 then. :D
 
Top Bottom