n00bie time!

RoanS

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

I know these questions have been asked before, but after months of trawling the forum, I’m still pretty confused. :suicide:

I’ve decided on TH42PW7B, which comes with scart board, & all I want to hook up is my freeview box & pc. I was thinking JS Converter was the way to go for the freeview, & TY-42TM6PB to connect pc (although I’ve had problems sourcing one, any pointers appreciated).

Is this correct, or can I make use of the scart in some way?

Also clarification on the cables would be great.

VGA Cable / SVGA Cables for both connections?

Apologies for being so n00bie, but my heads pickled & don’t want to make any mistakes. If I can clear this up today I’ll be ordering soon as I can.

Cheers

R

:smashin:

it has a vga input anyway for the pc, doesn't freeview box have scart out?

Hi mep

Yea it does have a scart, but from reading the forum I was under the impression that the JS converter would give me a better picture. I would appreciate anyone opinions coz It would make life a lot easier.

well yes it should do, and they also do a JS rgb to 3 rca (component) version and you may find the board for that easier ti get(in fact there are 2 possible boards that route...component and the dual component / composite version, which takes up 2 slots)

I’ve just ordered the panel, which will arrive monday. I’m going to check how the scart input looks & go from there. Ill let you know how I get on

Thx for your help guys :smashin:

good luck mate....where did you buy?

Hi,

Sounds like a similar set-up to mine.
The Media Center is the way to go but it is developing technology and there are a few teething problems so am using my Pace Twin PVR as back-up.

Within the next couple of months a dual-tuner DVB-T PCI card for MCE2005 should become available, and a Nebula DVB-T PCI card with MCE2005 compatibility, the Nebula, I have been told, should provide excellent picture quality.

I have the Pace Twin connected via Scart, the picture quality is very good, but I am intrigued to know how much better it will be with a JS Tech scart to vga converter. So if you get there before me, please let me know!

I am also having problems sourcing a DVI terminal board, so my PC is currently occupying the VGA input.....

Do let us know how you get on.

Last edited by a moderator:
mep: 123electricals4me.co.uk ;) so far, so good, spoke to them yesterday & ordered on-line today. I’ve received 2 phone calls from them so far keeping me updated.

lisa: Im sure ill be back, & ill keep you informed. I’ve got a pretty good pc atm, so wanted to utilise it.

AMD Athlon 64 3500
Plextor DVD±RW
AOpen Aeolus 6800 GT

Was thinking about a tuner card, but got a little lost & put it on the backburner for now. I was unsure if I would be able to use the pc while my partner watched the tv etc

Very nice pc!
The only thing you might find is its a bit noisy, it is possible to source quiet compnents - such as fanless cooling, if you really want to go down a purist HTPC route....
The picture in picture options on the panasonic are very good, I often watch Eastenders and read my favourite forum at the same time....You can also do this just with the PC if you have a tuner card and reduce the app to a little square in the corner of the screen.

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom