[n00b alert) More volume needed on rears-auto setup?

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all. :hiya:

I've had my Onkyo 606 a few months now and (I thought!) everything was fine, but yesterday I was standing a couple of feet in front of the sofa (where we normally sit to watch TV), but I noticed the sound "balance" (if that's the right word?) was far better when standing there and I can now see hear that the sound is too front centric.

Does that make sense?

Basically I want to move the sound backwards, so that it's less on the front, or more on the rear (or both!)

Presumably the 606's auto setup will take carre of this?

Cheers. :)

Hi all. :hiya:

I've had my Onkyo 606 a few months now and (I thought!) everything was fine, but yesterday I was standing a couple of feet in front of the sofa (where we normally sit to watch TV), but I noticed the sound "balance" (if that's the right word?) was far better when standing there and I can now see hear that the sound is too front centric.

Does that make sense?

Basically I want to move the sound backwards, so that it's less on the front, or more on the rear (or both!)

Presumably the 606's auto setup will take carre of this?

Cheers. :)

Hi Azzin
The audyssey processing will give you the correct EQ'ing,time alignment & level setup for your seat position if you use it correctly , if you take the first mic point just in front(just below ear height) of your seat position then 2nd mic point at the right hand corner of your sofa( just above ear height) then the 3rd and final on the left hand corner(same height as 2nd) this will create a triangle which covers the entire seating area which will allow the audyssey to calibrate a bubble of nice happy sound , which will be corrected for you to enjoy the sound track as the director intended, this may be different to what you are used to ,BUT it will be as close to post mix creation as possible , this will then be the optimum performance for your room ,with a flat responce and without the room (acoustically ) fluffing things up .
hope this helps :smashin:
Mark

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom