1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N. Ireland Vs England

Discussion in 'Sport' started by Lex, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Don't know why :rolleyes: but I am looking forward to the match tonight. I reckon England will come back strong for this one...

N. Ireland 0 - England 5

Hat-trick for Owen, one for Rooney, one for Beckham :smashin:

2. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    When's it on? Is it on $$$$$$$ky??? :(

3. The Dude

The Dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,384
    Beeb 1 mate, right now!! :thumbsup:

4-1 England..... Elliot the scorer for NI (free kick)

4. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527

:rotfl: Geez Lex man, when will you learn???? (hmm could come back to haunt me that comment!)

5. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
    Grrrr did my eyes deceive me or did we just take off Shaun Wright Philips?????

Edit
    Grrrr I could have sworn I just saw a Northen Ireland goal then as well.

Edit
    Geez my head must be really screwed, now I thought I saw Lampard taken off for Hargreaves!!

Please someone wake me up from this nightmare!:eek:

6. smelly

smelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    Sorry .....you were saying???? ;)

7. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527

Thats all we need the blooming welsh...but Lex, you need to keep a low profile for a while!! :D

8. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    So 1-0 down to the Irish ... 10 mins left ...and Sven pulls his trumph card - Owen Hargreaves from the bench !! The comeback starts here :rotfl: :rotfl:

9. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
    The expression on your face says it all.

10. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    :censored: abismal.

id love to meet the idiotic person who thought owen hargreaves was good enough to be a proffessional footballer never mind a england international. 1st 2 touchs nearly lets in opposition.

SGE : its time to leave all i have to say on him. seems his mind is on getting his leg over some munter/s

wasting gerrard and lampard 2 of the best Centrel Midfielders in the game never mind out of our country :rolleyes: same applies to rooney who frankly did sweet f.a all game due to his manager :nono:

With all respect to NIR we should be rolling these over

ive personally had enough of england ive never followed them much im much much more a club fan but i like to watch football. england are terrible and its down to one man ! id knew i should have watched the france game, hell even scotland have been more entertaining than england

rant over from a delighted club fan, thank god i dont follow international footy like some on here

11. NWhiteley

NWhiteley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    that was the worst performance by Endland in a competive match i have ever seen....the Germany game is a distant memory now, and so should SGE be after that gash

12. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4

You prat! :nono:

What a dismal performance that was - I was cheering on N.Ireland in the end, good on em they deserved it.
    I have always been a supporter of Eriksson but I have run out of excuses for him now, I think that it is time for him to leave :lease:

13. smelly

smelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    It was begging for a smart alec comment :D

14. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
    I didn't want to disappoint! :thumbsup:

15. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,230
    No passion, no creativity, no fight. Clueless

Sven must go if he cannot inspire players or get instructions out

The team played shocking too. Becks was holding mid, so why didn't Gerrard + Lampard get forward? Once, but Owen fluffed chance from Gerrard pass

16. smelly

smelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    I meant Lex's original remark was crying out for a smart alec response but pleased to see you stepped up to the mark as well :D

17. Johnny Thunder

Johnny Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    A WARNING....!!!!!!!
    Ian Wright said it after the match.
    "There's the England Manager".(Camera on Steve Mclaren).
    (He obviously thinks Mclaren should take over)......!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nothing would please me more than to see Mclaren leave the Boro.
    But not at the expense of Englandl. Believe me, that is the football
    Boro fans watch week in, week out.
    Don't get me wrong, he is the most succesful Manager we have ever
    had, but that performance by England tonight, stinks of the Mclaren
    style..........Garbage.

Johnny.

18. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,884
    We got what we deserved in that 2nd half, our players just haven't got a clue what system they are supposed to be playing.
    I'm so annoyed with Sven, he's changed a winning team into a shambles and is wasting the best squad of players England has ever had :mad:

19. phillfyspoon

phillfyspoon
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    How can a squad with such decent players perform so badly it was terrible we didnt look like scoring and the formation was not working. Whats wrong with a good 4-4-2

Robinson, young, Ferdinand, Carragher, Ashley Cole
    Joe Cole, Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham
    Owen, rooney

that would work. I would like to see gary neville back on the right he a good performer

20. smelly

smelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    Have to agree with you here John. You've got a fantastic bunch of players, they should be stuffing sides like this (no offence NI - I include Wales in this too!) so the only place you can look to is Sven. I've never been keen on players or managers that show little or no passion. It needs to be tempered but you have to play or manage with at least some of your heart as well as your head. Its what gives you the edge. He just doesn't seem interested.

But whose next?? Big Sam?

21. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    And dont forget SGE runied the ginger ninja as well constantly playing him out of position!

22. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527

:eek: u must have seen different games to me when we haveplayed those players in that system!

I really do not see anything in Joe Cole that suggests to me he deserves his place....plenty of skill but he seems to have no application at all.

Defo have to Wright Phillips in there somewhere...one of the few players with pace and the ability to get past a defender

23. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    SWP instead of J cole, and **** that silly formation too while you're at it ****ing ****

24. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
    It did make me chuckle when Hargreaves came on and the commentator mentioned that Beckham was standing in the middle of the pitch with his arms out probably saying "what the...."!

I am dissapointed the camera didn't show pictures...it would have been a classic

25. Nebby

Nebby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    It's time for Sven to go.

I realise that England are still on course to qualify, but I am absolutely mystified at how the England team is currently being 'managed'...at a cost of £4m per year!!!!

Why the sudden change in tactics? Why this formation? Why experiment in qualifiers having done nothing during the friendlies? Why is the England first eleven featuring players such as SWP, Joe Cole and Michael Owen, who cannot get a starting place in their club sides?

Beckham's time too has come. Sven seems intent on building a team around golden balls, when he should be building the team around Rooney. If Beckham (a) doesn't have the legs to play on the right or (b) refuses to follow the manager's instruction and stay wide (rather than drifting inside and cluttering up the centre of the pitch), then he should be dropped.

Gerrard and Lampard essentially perform the same role for Liverpool and Chelsea...you cannot play them both and expect to get a reproduction of their club form in the national side. They need the security of a holding player, that will allow them to break forward with freedom. Why hasn't Carrick been given a chance, having impressed in the USA?

Why no left sided player in the last six years?

If Owen gets injured, who will take his place? Put it another way, which other majore footballing nation goes into a world cup season without having given their back-up strikers a fair crack?

As for some of the other big time charlies in the team (key culprits being Rio and the two Coles); someone needs to remind these boys that effort is what's required; Rio seems to be believing in his own hype, while JC was in full-on Christiano Ronaldo mode tonight with all those pointless step-overs and dummies. Deliver the ball you self-obsessed ****!

Isn't it sad that in just a few short months, Northern Ireland and now Scotland have been galvanised by managers that insist on organisation, hard work and team spirit, while team England's bunch of primadonuts seem to think it's ok to just turn up and go through the motions.

For crying out load, if it wasn't for a deflection, we wouldn't have even beaten the Welsh. Wrighty got it spot on tonight: England lack leadership and motivations. That's a damning indictment on the players, the management and the FA.

26. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,676
    And if Beckham won't stay on the RW , get him OFF and play SW-P .
    This 433 or 451 won't work with the players England have . Owen does not have the strength to play as the CF in that formation . It works for Chelsea and ManUtd (this year) Because they play a big strong CF with 2 players just behind .
    It is a formation to accomdate DB , SG , FL & SW-P all in the same side . DB does look good in the roll , no doubting he can make the passes . But the whole balance of the side suffers , even more so than not having a natural LW

it needs to be

.........PR.........
    GN , RF, JT , WB
    DB , SG, FL , AC
    .....MO , WR.....

Wayne Bridge (when fit ) and Ashley Cole on the left has not been given a good enough try imho , and would potentially Give England the balance needed
    I know people moan about GN , but he has been a consistant RB since before Euro96 , Young looks like he will slot nicely into that roll when GN is gone .

One last point on Owen , the guy is not match fit , has not played a competitive game since the end of last season . What is the basis of him being in the starting 11 . Its not form , he hasn't any . Reputation ? well yes , but his rep at the moment is that he can come off the bench and get you a goal ,as proved for Madrid last season .

John :mad:

PS noticed DB pulled out of another 50/50 midfield challenge tonight . He needs to be on the RW ( altho him pulling out of a similar challenge in that position, against Brazil in Japan cost us the WC imo :( )

27. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,194
    Nebby, spot on mate.

Sven, as many of us 'old hands' (hi JohnG :D ) having been saying for a while needs to go. Of that I think though, there are two chances. None and fat. Someone in the FA has too much to lose by Sven going.

Too many players out there, once again, weren't playing for the shirt. Tactically it was all wrong (I agree there's no point in playing Gerrard and Lampard - in particular when they play like that) and the defence is back to it's bad habit of making way too many howlers. Bring back Terry, Cambell & Neville and that at least will be fixed. I'm afraid Carragher has looked out of his depth in recent games, and Ferdinand is, as someone else said, believing his own hype.

I too was applauding the Irish in the end. At least they gave their (limited) all for the colours..........

28. Sgt Steiner

Sgt Steiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    No win over England in Belfast since 1927 !

Oh sweet joy.............................

:D :D :D :D :D

:hiya:

29. The Dude

The Dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,384
    sven is absolute dogsh*t..

at least becks put in a good performance....

owen? :rolleyes:
    lampard? :confused:
    gerrard? :rolleyes:

we can def. blame rooney's 'performance' :devil: on the manager, but some of our lads don't deserve the shirt, simple as.

Rooney should be dropped for a match anyway, just for being such a spakker.

30. Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya Mishima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    I often support England in matches which have no bearing on my team (Scotland). I often watch their matches because they have great players and are involved in a lot of 'big' games, either at major championships or during qualification.

Tonight I really feel sorry for England fans, because that was absolutely abysmal. Sven doesn't have a bloody clue. Surely there's not a chance in hell of him being sacked, if England don't win the World Cup (I say 'if' because I still believe they have a chance, albeit slim) it will be a tragedy that such a clown has 'led' such a talented group of players through 3 major tournaments, without the success their potential demands.

Kenny Sansom on Sky SPorts has just recounted what Hoddle and Venables were sacked for (largely unrelated to football), but for this nonsense Sven will surely escape unscathed....

You lot need

a) a new manager
    b) a new captain (Beckham should play but Terry to be captain)
    c) some players who really want it, not these 'big-time charlies' (A. Cole, Rio) who believe all the great press they get.

Good luck for the future England, hope you make the right decisions.