n-gage 2

I heard a rumour that if they did make it, this time they;ll try and make it good!!!

ha ha!!!It is already good. Just some minor points to address. Anyway i now hear its a bit of a false rumour, so i guess ill have to keep taking my battery out to change game for a little while longer!!

I just bought an n-gage from Choices £99.00. Gotta say I'm well impressed and can't believe the amount of negative press it's been receiving. I mean for a start, when you have games like Tomb Raider you hardley need to go changing the game every five minutes. And as for the Taco comments, you don't need to hold the phone sideways atall, I hold it like a normal mobile and it works just as well;)
I've ordered an MMC card 128, hope it's enough, for now at least;) looking forward to it arriving so I can start installing stuff!

Yeah ive got one too, and find it really good, and user friendly. I think the shape is a small thing to work yourself into a tizz about, but like you say, lots of people have.

Just been checking out the pics of n-gage2 in another forum. To be honest I'm not impressed with what I see, they've dropped the radio and MP3 player (mainly to cut costs, which I suppose I can understand as they'll need a larger target market this time around). The phone is only a little smaller, but it's also a tad thicker, personaly I think I prefer the current n-gage for dimensions and style, maybe that's just me. The games now have a dedicated slot at the bottom of the phone so no need to remove the battery, but for me this wasn't an issue anyway. Oh, and as would be obvious, the side talk has been changed to the conventional way of speaking into the phone (I already use it this way though with my n-gage, works fine, especially if you shield the earpiece from outside noise with your top finger:laugh: )
Well, guess we'll have to wait and see how it does, for me, I'm pleased with what I have already, wouldn't bother to downgrade to n-gage2:nono:

the screen is bigger which is good considering the size has reduced. and the hot swop for the games is good, as it automatically loads the games. The gaming side seems to of been the main benficiary, as the arena is already uploaded aswell. But they will need to do more for me to part more money to upgrade my n-gage.

Apparently the US will be offering a free upgrade (or downgrade, depends on how you look at it) to the N-gage QD (QD = quality downgrade:laugh: ). Personaly I 'd rather keep my original N-gage, the reasons: MP3 player and radio (ok, so you might be able to download an MP3 player for the QD but it would be mono and apparently none of the downloadable MP3players are as good as the one that comes as standard on the N-gage), size, yep size, the QD might be a tiny bit smaller but it's also thicker and heavier, the slim is better for the pocket IMO. Also there is no USB for the QD which you could get around by buying a card reader but that's all more money. Not only that, I doubt you'll be able to buy replacement cases for like £3.99 (and good ones at that!) for the QD, I find that a reasurance that I don't need to be concerned about scratching the screen, if ever I do I'll just order a new case from ebay (they even have the Nokia and N-gage branding on the screen and on the back). As for the hotswap, I can see the benefits for people who are always swaping the games around, personaly I stick with one game at a time, if I want more then I install them onto a MMC card;)
Still, I hope the QD is a success, the more of them that sell, the more likely the games'll keep comming.
I'd give it some real thought before you trade your original N-gage anyway, you never know, you might regret it!

no im not upgrading, but i do wish that my original had the changes. I see what your saying. I guess for our benefit, the new users will make developers see potentital in the phone, produce more good games for it and there will be a greater user base for games utilising the arena, which is all you could ask for really.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom