N.B. Forum not representative for (happy) average Arcam customers

KenX

Standard Member
Something that strikes me is that a forum like this is very, very far from being representative for the (happy) average Arcam customer.

If you have a problem with your Arcam equipment you, like almost everyone else on the planet, will first check if someone else has had the same problem, and if you google on arcam's various models and problems, you very quickly end up at the Arcam forum here at avforums.com.

Thus, a very large fraction of the users at the Arcam forum here, came here because they had a problem, while the vast majority of happy Arcam users instead spend their time listening to music and watching movies!

I really appreciate that Arcam's support people and engineers spend time reading this forum, responding to issues in a direct, honest and customer friendly way, even though this just adds more search terms to "arcam problems" in Google.

However, it might be a good idea to inform readers about this phenomenon in a sticky thread with a well thought out subject line, otherwise this forum will become a marketing problem for Arcam, and we wouldn't want that.

Most manufacturers of home electronics (or anything else) refuse participating in open forums for this reason, but I think Arcam's responses here make them stand out from the rest of the pack! :clap:

/Ken

proux

The Arcam feedback and interest was certainly one reason why I stretched my budget from Denon / Marantz to Arcam.

crobo

I think most people realise that a high proportion of posts on a manufacturer-specific forum will inevitably relate to problems. At the same time, many people on this forum are long-term Arcam advocates and this speaks volumes because they have obviously been happy with their kit. My guess is that the positive impressions easily outweigh the negative ones, from Arcam's point of view.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom