MyWebTV MCE plug-in anyone tried it?

D

D12sale

"Media Center Plugin Gives You Free TV Channels from Around the World

MyWebTV is a new plug-in for Media Center that I just came across in the XPMCE forum that gives you access to hundreds of TV channels from all over the world!

MyWebTV is a free Add-On for your Windows Media Center Edition. It was designed to bring hundreds of Live TV channels and VideoOnDemand to your living room! We are continuously updating our database with new and better channels. "

Not got it to work yet though :(

D

DaveP

D12sale said:
Not got it to work yet though :(
Worked for me after I tweaked the registry to tell it I really was running MCE 2005!

D

D12sale

Actually I got one music channel to work quality looked ok, most of the sports channels didn't work though. Did you have to make the change to get the program to work at all?

S

Skunkpipe

I can't even get it to install. Moans about needing .NET Framework 1.1.4322.

Now I have .NET Framework 2.0 installed so it should work I would've thought....

SteveL

Have got it working, but haven't seen 'hundreds' of channels

In the Trailers section, there's all the A's, but no way of changing to any other letters :confused:

Most of the links don't seem to work at all

S

Skunkpipe

Well rolling back to .net 1.1 fixed the install.

Seems to work well. not fantastic picture on 42" but don't expect it to be for 300k services, the 700K ('High resolution') services are ok (VCD quality), and GLOL and the Vegas wedding webcam

Tons of services though; which is nice
Oh and Solent TV - how fantastic is that :s

D

D12sale

Do all of the channels actually work for you? So many came up with channel cannot be displayed type info for me

D

D12sale

Ok thanks will retry tonight, some of the foreign sports channels would be ideal for me to watch all through MCE, most won't be english commentary mind

Bl4ckGryph0n

Distinguished Member
It is internet streaming afterall, let's not forget! But I love it, just watched the Dutch news!!! And some of the dodgy music channels ;-)

Crappy plugin, no offence, just a bunch of links to video streams which you can get on the net if you had time to look, MTV Overdrive is way Better....

D

D12sale

meansizzler said:
Crappy plugin, no offence, just a bunch of links to video streams which you can get on the net if you had time to look, MTV Overdrive is way Better....
Surely that is what most MCE plugins do? Not necessarily stuff you can't get elsewhere but easy access to these things in a single UI with remote control.

No offence taken anyway.

Bl4ckGryph0n

Distinguished Member
meansizzler said:
But that is the whole point! They are together in a single 10-foot interface so it is livingroom friendly to just browse via the remote control. Not certain you understand the point of the MCE. No offence intended.

Sure there are improvements possible, I'd love a favourites to cut down on the long lists...But...it works, is stable (dependent on your Internet connection of-course) and very easy to use...

Trending threads

Latest news

T+A expands E-Series with PA 1100E integrated amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins unveils new PX wireless ANC headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku Premiere streaming device with 4K HDR hits UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
CTA launches 8K UHD TV display certification programme