Mystery symbol

TJT1

Ah Ha. I see where you are going here VM. Digital rights (DRM) methinks?

TJT1

What 3 or 4 other channels?
C'mon, tell us all the symptoms and relevant info to save us asking all these questions.:facepalm:
Possibly a missing Mpx. But hard to guess on the limited info and my crystal ball is a bit cloudy this morning. :rotfl:

Rodders53

Distinguished Member

Full/Factory Reset TV?
Full retune probably needed anyway since the COM8 closure and reshuffle of various channels?

Other suggestions are that a channels has been removed/lost after a retune or similar event and needs deleting by user.

If all else fails OP :rtfm: ?

A1944

In an attempt to help, I have just gone right through what claims to be the manual for the model mentioned by the poster "Stokey" in the forum page linked by Rodders53 (UE65KS9000) and I can find no mention of the crossed out D at all, so despite that, it remains a mystery.

TJT1

All your link says Rodders is that a reset doesn't fix it.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
All your link says Rodders is that a reset doesn't fix it.
and that some HD channels were still missing = a reception issue ... likely to be a 'less sensitive tuner' or 'hdmi-uhf aerial cable interference' or, my favourite 'dodgy connection'. Or something similar.

Samsung smart tv is another on the forum.

As I say a full retune / reset-retune / first time installation retune ought to get the TV to forget the previously tuned and unreceivable channels... if that's what the symbol means.