Mystery speakers

onamatappearagain

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Can anyone please help me identify these speakers.
There are no markings to indicate manufacturer
They are 25.5 x 24 x 49 cms
They weigh approx 7kg each
Any ideas?
Many Thanks
Gary
IMG_0233.jpg
IMG_0234.jpg
IMG_0236.jpg

Carefully remove the large speaker unit and see what is written on the back of it or is there nothing next to the connections on the back a plate or something

What about the small unit ( Tweeter )

What do the connectors look like on the back ?

Right the woofer ( large speaker ) is a Seas drive unit so thats a start

Many speaker manufacturers used Seas drive units and the cabinets look like real wood veneer and the grills look well made so probably a well known make but I can't say what maybe someone else might recognise them I would think they date back a good few years maybe 80s . Have you tried playing through them if so how do they sound

Thanks for your help.
No I haven't connected them yet. I am no expert but hopefully will do soon. I have been told old speakers despite looking shabby can perform as well as modern speakers
As you say the cabinets are heavy and seemingly good quality. I picked them up today from a refuse collection centre resale shop

What are the connectors like on the back where the wire goes in have you got a photo of the whole back of the cabinet

At first glance I thought they were Arcam Delta 2 loudspeakers but the details of photos online don't quite match up.

Looks like a sealed box so probably late 1970’s at a guess. A Heybrook HB2 or Ruark Swordsman copy/lookalike/kit. May be a Wilmslow Audio kit of the HB2?

I too initially thought Heybrook HB1 or 2 but, from memory, the HB2 had a rear port. It seems the HB1 had distinctive livery on the front and a different tweeter.

I thought maybe it was a Rogers (or similar) design as they used a similar-looking tweeter as did Mission in the 1970's but upon checking Google images, they're not. I'm stumped.

Have posted a picture on What Hi-Fi to see if anyone can recognise these speakers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom