Mystery Sony IS50 Problem - can you help?

P

PJM Images

About a month ago I became the proud owner of a Sony DAV IS50 home theatre system but I've been having an unusual problem.

When playing DVDs or TV through the system or playing Bluray through linked Playstation what happens after around an hour or so is that the system stops playing and start scrolling through all the menus e.g DVD/TV/Radio etc.

It occasionally stops for a second as it seems to latch on again then starts scrolling again. The only way to get a DVD to play again is to switch the whole thing off, eject the disc and start again.

Has anyone got any ideas on what may be causing this?

I've tried changing the HDMI cable but that's not helped. Sony advised to reset the system to defaults and that didn't help. I would normally return for a replacement but it would appear that the system has been discontinued already.

Set Up: Sony 40w 4000 TV / DAV IS50 (via HDMI) then Sky+ Box with Scart to TV and Optical cable to IS50.

Any suggestion musch appreciated.

what menu's..the tv's menus, IS50's?...
is bravia sync on?

It's the menu's on the IS50. Bravia Sync through HDMI is set on.

switch off bravia sync,and see if it helps..ive always found it useless,and a universal remote, like harmony, works better.

Should have mentioned that it's the menu on the front of the IS50 unit not the set up menu on the telly. Essentially it's all the functions it scrolls through. Watching telly last night it started after about 90 mins and kept scrolling - sound reverted to TV speakers then it stopped on TV for a second and worked for a sceond before scrolling again. It's almost like it on a display mode to show what function are avaialble.

Thanks for the suggestion - will give it a go - I may already have tried doing this - tried all sorts! So frustrating.

check the manual to see if it mentions something like a display mode..but..when you next try a movie,or have it on..remove the batteries from the remote..it may be that,and if its anywhere near it, it might be a random faulty remote button..who knows..

RF - Thanks for the suggestion. Took the batteries out of the remote and things ran ok last night. It looks like it may well have ben a faulty remote. I'll put them back in now and see if the problem reappears. Thanks again for your help.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom