Mystery parcels, don't you love them?

BobBob21

Since getting our Nest doorbell the arguments with couriers has gotten much simpler... I can show them the video of the person pressing the button and running or not turning up at all etc but thats a nice aside.

Is it just me that gets curious about random courier "we missed you" cards etc when you aren't expecting anything? Yesterday got an email to my Amazon only email address saying they tried to deliver (they didn't) but not expecting anything from Amazon. Speak to Yodel and they say Whistl/TNT gave it to them. Speak to Whistl and they say its 10cm x 10cm x 10cm and Huxloe USA gave it to them (another courier).

No idea what it is, only thing I'm hoping for wouldn't fit in that box and isnt coming from the USA. Not sure what postage was paid but its covered the profits of at least 3 courier companies so far.

Its supposed to be delivered today but not left the depot yet.

BobBob21

Well, we'll never know what it was as the Yodel delivery driver decided to mark it as delivered despite not even setting foot on our property today (or yesterday) 🤬

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
Cannot abide Yodel or Hermes who are both so common at doing that (and Amazon aren't much better). I had a Hermes parcel "delivered" to my doorstep while I was out, and of course when I can't home it was no longer on my doorstep.....

BobBob21

The problem with this is dealing with it is going to be impossible as they say "contact the sender" but I've no idea who that is

oneman

I've had a few delivered to next street with virtually has the same name (do planners not think of this), fortunately we have known them form kids school a long time and they usually drop it off. But aside from that we have been lucky.

What I don't understand is why they don't overlay GPS coordinates when taking a photo of delivery.

BobBob21

Our development is odd and it certainly could be done much better. We do sometimes get parcels left in the communal hallway of the flats but went there 15 minutes after the alleged delivery and no signs of any parcels there either.

The Markster

I've had a couple of royal mail cards posted where I don't have knowledge of ordering anything. Turned out to be light bulbs from our energy supplier on both occasions. Although UPS annoyed the hell out of me when my launch day xbox series s when it was delivered 40 miles up the road.

Booker DeWITT

Cannot abide Yodel or Hermes who are both so common at doing that (and Amazon aren't much better). I had a Hermes parcel "delivered" to my doorstep while I was out, and of course when I can't home it was no longer on my doorstep.....
I had a Hermes driver turn up wearing the t shirt I ordered, making a delivery to a neighbour.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom