• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Mystery "disappearance" of entire folder!

Amigo199

Established Member
I recently transferred an entire folder of mp3's from an external drive to a main drive on my pc. I have accessed the drive they were moved to a couple of times since and played one or two files.

However last night I went to open the folder to listen to a particular file........and the entire contents have 'disappeared'! :eek:

There is absolutely zero there.......nothing!

I ran a "search files and folders" on all drives connected and there is no trace of any of the files I had. OK on the very rare occasion we might mistakenly delete a single file, but never an entire folder full of files. Besides which the 'bin' would not have taken that amount in one go.

In fifteen years of computing I have never had anything like this happen....ever. Has anyone any idea what's happened, where they may be and how (if possible) I could get them back? :confused:

I'm pretty annoyed as these were files collected over a length of time and many would be irreplaceable.

dr no

Sorted now.......thanks to just one poster on another forum.

what was the solution in case some of us come across it ourselves ? :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom