• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

mysterious sound problem with LG327000

gareth11

Standard Member
hello everyone

I'm having a really irritating time with the sound on my new lcd telly.
When watching dvds on a separate player, the sound sometimes cuts off with no warning, but the picture remains. The sound level indicator says sound is still at 20..or whatever, but there's no sound.
I replaced the scart lead and I think the dvds seem to be ok now. But the problem persists elsewhere.
When I'm listening to radio stations via freeview, especially the footy, the sound cuts out every two or so minutes; again with no warning.
By simply switching to the channel next to it, and returning, the sound is back. But disappears a few minutes later. It only seems to happen on the digital radio channels, not on the telly channels.
Am I doing something completely and obviously wrong?
Can anyone help?

rob426

Standard Member
I get the same two problems.

The DVD sound problem:- Rather than let the scart priority kick in, manually set the tv to the scart input your dvd is plugged into (Input button on remote)

Freeview radio problem:- No fix yet :(

sarah09

Standard Member
Hi We also have the same problem, with sound cut out maybe 4 or 5 times a day. We took delivery of the TV on 8 January 2009 from Dixons on line, so I've just notified them of the problem. According to them it is a well known software problem and will correct itself. She stated that it was pointless sending a replacement as all the 7000 series seemed to have this problem. Hmmmmm,:confused: I couldn't understand how a software problem could correct itself, so I phoned LG direct and spoke to a chap in customer services who was brilliant. He advised me that they were aware of a software problem (something to do with the transmission of sound and the digital takeover) and they would arrange for an engineer to visit to correct the problem. I received a call from an AV company within 15 mins and an appointment was arranged for this coming Monday. Hopefully this will be an end to the problem. :smashin:

tunnel

Standard Member
had the same prob with mine. was running my std sky box with the supplied scart to the telly and found it cutting out, but since having sky hd installed and running that through the supplied hdmi cable the prob has gone.
would be interested what the engineer does though please sarah thanks.

sarah09

Standard Member
Update to the engineer visit - he arrived with his memory stick to update software only to find we already had the updated software (3.7 instead of 3.4). The only other thing he said would cause the sound problem would be a problem with the internal boards of the TV. I am awaiting replacement of the main board and the power supply board. Will update again.

kiyomitsu79

Changing the mainboard and power supply board is a waste of time as the problem is certainly software based.

I had my TV updated from 3.04 to 3.22 and the problem is worse now than it was previously.

kiyomitsu79

What do you mean by worse - radio or dvd? Ive also had s/w update and with 3.22 it works fine.

The freeview radio audio dropout is no longer an issue with 3.22.

However the random audio dropout on devices connected by SCART is still a major problem.

I spoke to LG and they said the repairers have ordered parts for my TV. Tried to explain that the problem is likely to be a software fault not hardware but no use. :suicide:

gareth11

Standard Member
thanks for sharing guys, it's a lovely telly but the sound thing is supremely annoying.
Maybe that's why they were going so cheap on Pixmania.

swampymc8

Standard Member
this is my first time so be nice ta... had an engineer out to mine today. updated software to 3.22 radio ok now. told me that lg are working on another update. should be about a month ???? we will see. said would be in touch when its released

Redcarboy

Standard Member
The freeview radio audio dropout is no longer an issue with 3.22.

However the random audio dropout on devices connected by SCART is still a major problem.

I spoke to LG and they said the repairers have ordered parts for my TV. Tried to explain that the problem is likely to be a software fault not hardware but no use. :suicide:
I found that if I left the input on Antenna and relied on the Scart signal from the Sky box, telling the TV to display AV1, then the sound would disappear randomly. It might be OK for a day and then fail 5 times a night.
Once I decided to select AV1 specifically, using the INPUT button, I've never had a problem with sound disappearing.
Hope this works for you.

sarah09

Standard Member
Another update - the AV repair company directed by LG to complete the repair on the TV have contacted me today to say that spares are now unavailable. Apparently I will be receiving a letter of credit from LG in the next 5 days to take to my retailer for a replacement. So whether this will be another of the same or something else I won't know until the letter arrives. Will let you know!!!!

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
basically, you will get to either pick another LG tv,in the price range you paid,or anything else,up to the original purchase price you paid, so you could go with another manufacturer,but if the tv is dearer than what you paid, you pay the difference.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom