1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Myryad MDV 200

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Matt F, Jan 23, 2002.

1. Matt F

Matt F

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Anyone know anything about Myryad's new DVD player? All I know is that it's going to cost about a grand and should be a good performer (especially musically), rivaling the Arcam DV88.

It had a very good review in "HomeCinema" magazine but I'm not sure how much I trust their opinion.

I'm particularly keen to know whether it's region free out of the box (as Roksan's DVD player is) because, as a Rotel RDV985 owner, I'm used to not having to input any special codes to play my Region 1 DVDs - to be honest, that's what would put me off buying an Arcam DV88 - I just want to insert the disk and press play!

So, do any of you good people know anything about this player?

Thanks,

Matt.

2. Lowrider

Lowrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With the Arcam DV88 you just have to insert the disk and press play!

A friend of mine with an extremely good stereo, including a Meridien 508 (I think) CD player, is testing DVD players, his findings:

Picture:

1 - Arcam FMJ27
    2 - Meridien 586 and Arcam DV88
    3 - Myryad

Sound:

1 - Meridien CD, then DVD
    2 - Arcam FMJ27
    3 - Myryad
    4 - Arcam DV88, he finds something strange with stereo image, could be a defective player... as I don´t have the same problem, or my ears are worst...