Mybooklive bricked??

Iancity

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, had a WD Mybooklive NAS doing the duties for 2 years fine, no problems, then upgraded to windows 10, arghh lots of problems trying to see the NAS, just wouldn't...eventually sorted it (but cant remember how tbh), however, over last few days the NAS has just a solid blue light on, as if in sleeping mode, cant see it on PC, go into router settings and cant see it there either, tried unplugging, resetting etc etc nothing seems to work...not too concerned about the data as it is saved elsewhere as well, but is the NAS goosed?, is it the mybooklive, is it Windows 10 compatability problems?? Loathe to have to buy another one (any recommendations???) if its just computer issues and not the hardware?

Much appreciate any help

Ian

Hi @Iancity!

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having, it could be really unpleasant experience.

You can take a look at this KB article for some troubleshooting steps on how to get your My Book Live recognized by the OS:

Support Answers

If non of them help you with the problem, then feel free to contact our support so they can help you out in this situation:

Support Answers

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Thanks for that MM, not sdure if that link is correct for my mybooklive as I dont think I have any lights at back of the device, however, will follow the instructions there, and contact WD if necessary. Much appreciated...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom