My Z3 is making noises?? Should I worry?

smashed

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Ive had my Z3 for about 2months, and I have been really pleased with it.
However, last night, I noticed a few noises, and would really like reassurance as to whether these noises are normal, or if Im now listening for noises when I shouldnt be.

When turning it on I noticed that I could hear it making some kind of metallic tapping noise, that gradually got quicker and disappeared after 30 seconds?
When I eventually turned it off.. the fan made a pretty loud noise as it ground to a halt...which I am sure I would have noticed before... It only makes the noise for the last 3seconds as it stops.. almost as if its being stopped by something.
The kind of noise you often hear dodgy PC's making.

It also has a much louder fan when on full bulb mode... but near silent on eco.. is that normal??
Incidentally, it had been on eco when I turned it off... and the only time I heard the fan.. was when it started up, and turned off :(

Any ideas please?:lease:

I did try searching, but you cant just search for "Z3" which makes it more difficult.

Cheers

thats sounds like a little lump of something or a hair being rapped by the fan blades...i'm not familiar with this projector, but i'd recommend putting a vacuum cleaner hose to tne intakes and outlets, and also take out the bulb and vacuum in there as well, i suggest that when you do this you wrap a finger around the end of the pipe of the vacuum to cushion pj from it, and use a small brush to gently turn any accessable fans to assist dislodging anything in there

worth a try !

Cheers,

Ive never taken a PJ apart, but I will give it a go when I get the time.

If anybody else agrees with this, or has another theory, please shout :thumbsup:

I hope it is something as simple as that.

aieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !

please don't hurt yourself or ruin your projector or void the warranty !

you should be able to do the operations i suggested without opening her up

:thumbsup:

Dont worry.... I wont just start ripping it apart.
1) I always check the manual..
2) I always ask for a lot of reassurance on here 1st..
It worries me..

Incidentally, I have been unable to work out how to find out the bulb usage. It was an easy menu to find on the PE5120

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom