my xbox sound in game has stopped!!

Bonesy

Established Member
Reaction score
any ideas??

it works on the boot up green screen , but not in game, any ideas? :lease:

how do you have it connected? straight into TV - or i digital connection to an amp?

Gary

MS hidef connector, optical into denon 3803.

has worked great for 18months, then halfway through a ghost recon Live game, as I was shooting mainly normal in the head by accident, the sound just cut out. now it doesn't work on any game, other than the xbox green bootup screen.

hmmm...

Bonesy said:
MS hidef connector, optical into denon 3803.

has worked great for 18months, then halfway through a ghost recon Live game, as I was shooting mainly normal in the head by accident, the sound just cut out. now it doesn't work on any game, other than the xbox green bootup screen.

hmmm...
Sounds like either it's a fault with the Xbox not outputting Dolby Digital or a fault with the amplifier. The sound during the boot-up flubber screen is just PCM. Normally in games it will be Dolby Digital. Does the amplifier still work correctly if you connect a DVD player to that optical input & play a DD disk?

does the sound work if you use a scart to TV ?

That will help narrow down which is working. if you can get sound to the tv then its the digital output circuits that are shagged. as nigel says the input on thre amp needs a check too.

things should be clearer after those questions are answered.

Gary

hi,

thanks for the ideas.
It was an optical port on the denon amp which seems to have packed in. swapped to anoither, and works fine. thanks.

no worries, glad you got it sorted out.

Gary

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom