1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Xbox Live Nightmare Begins!

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by sh18, Mar 19, 2005.

1. sh18

sh18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    hi, bought my xbox a while ago as some of you might already know and today was the day to finally sort out xbox live, the main reason why i bought an xbox in the first place. What a pain in the **** this is turning out to be!
    I want to use Internet Connection Sharing using a crossover ethernet cable connected from my NTL external modem to my xbox. ive done this but as with so many other people i cant connect to xbox live. It recognises that the ethernet cable is connected but fails on the the IP/DNS section, ive tried manually xconfiguring the IP/DNS setting on the xbox and then try to connect but i get a message on my PC saying 'there is another device using the same IP address blah blah blah'.

Please someone help, ive tried looking through the advice on xbox.com but its complete ****

:( :( :( :(

2. sh18

sh18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    the exact message i get is 'IP address is in conflict with another system on the network'

3. Goone

Goone
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Tried ics yesterday worked first time ,plugged my xbox into a spare network port on pc,set ip address of spare card to 192.168.0.1 and enabled internet sharing,i had no need to adjust any settings on xbox,also i tried direct to modem but i had to unplug the modem and power it back on to register the mac address of the xbox(using telewest)

4. sh18

sh18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    sorted it out now, just input a MAC address!

HOORAY, LIVE HERE I COME!

5. darenc1967

darenc1967
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use a Telewest blueyonder package, if I connect any device directly to the cable modem you have to register the devices mac address with them. You then need to release the ip address and switch the cables over.

Blueyonder have a self help page where you can register a limited number of address per account, otherwise grab a cheap router and clone your existing mac address on to this then you can use both at any time.

6. Goone

Goone
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    No need to register mac address in the self help any more,blueyonder should work with any mac addy as long as you power of the modem by taking the power cord out then plug it back in to register automatically