My Xbox has RROD'd, do I buy a Arcade or 60gb Pro as replacement

Ballgirl

Established Member
Reaction score
My Xbox RROD'd last night, and needs to go visit Microsoft under warranty.

I've heard it can take weeks to return so I'm thinking about getting a replacement machine whilst I wait and then my dad can have my old xbox for fathers day when its fixed.

I already have a 20gb hard drive but I was thinking about upgrading that as its getting a bit full.

Now do I buy just an arcade or spend the extra £30 to get the bigger hard drive?

Anyone know any great offers on the highstreet at the moment?

My Xbox RROD'd last night, and needs to go visit Microsoft under warranty.

I've heard it can take weeks to return so I'm thinking about getting a replacement machine whilst I wait and then my dad can have my old xbox for fathers day when its fixed.

I already have a 20gb hard drive but I was thinking about upgrading that as its getting a bit full.

Now do I buy just an arcade or spend the extra £30 to get the bigger hard drive?

Anyone know any great offers on the highstreet at the moment?

Turnaround time these days is about a week. Mine took 8 days from the day i dropped it off at UPS to the day i got it back.

It used to be a few months back the arcade was teh model to get as you would get a jasper chipset but I'm guessing now jaspers must be across the range with the possible exception of Elite's where some falcon based models may be about still.

If your buying new I would definitely get a jasper based model.

I have a jasper based arcade model to replace an earlier 360 and it is superb. Stable, quiet and loads games fast without issues. It seems a world apart from my early model.

I'm now the proud owner of a Jasper 60gb Pro from gamestation. Got them to price match a bundle HMV are doing for £166, Xbox 360 Premium Console with 60GB HDD + Burnout: Paradise - The Ultimate Box + Trivial Pursuit + Extra Wireless Controller

I was going to buy a wireless adapter at the same time but they've gone and given me the wireless adapter for free, result :thumbsup:

im in the same situation.
my elite is crashing and soon it will red ring.
do i get an arcade jasper and simplying insert my elite hdd onto it???
or send my dodgy elite to microsoft?

advice needed.

im in the same situation.
my elite is crashing and soon it will red ring.
do i get an arcade jasper and simplying insert my elite hdd onto it???
or send my dodgy elite to microsoft?

advice needed.
They say not to send it in if it hasn't RR'd so I'd wait until it does, it's not worth risking a bill. If you've got £100 spare then you could get a jasper but it kind of seems like a waste when you could get it fixed for free if you just wait a bit longer.

Or you could just wait for it to come back rather than paying microsoft another £100+ for supplying dodgy goods :( Wonder how much the average 360 owner spends on the main hardware, despite it supposedly being the cheapest out there. And what an incentive for ms to keep building perishable goods.

RROD is bad enough :thumbsdow

I was already looking for a reasonably priced xbox to buy on the forum for my dad before my xbox died yesterday.

Otherwise I would have just waited for my original xbox to be fixed for free

Mine did the RROD today too! Must be something in the air?!

I was outside the 3 year period so it was either pay M$ £79 or get a new one. Again, I was on an old 20GB model and the HD space was becoming abit of an issue.

I thought I had a good deal until I saw that gamestation deal. I bought today a 360 pro (60gb), including Gears of War 2 and PES2009 for £165 in Tesco. I'm quite glad to be getting that extra HDD space too.

They say not to send it in if it hasn't RR'd so I'd wait until it does, it's not worth risking a bill. If you've got £100 spare then you could get a jasper but it kind of seems like a waste when you could get it fixed for free if you just wait a bit longer.

lol. it didnt take long. 3 red rings now.
im thinking of getting a jasper arcade and insert my elites hdd into it.
how much do arcades cost these days?????(no online prices...walk in rrp price)

Last edited:
lol. it didnt take long. 3 red rings now.
im thinking of getting a jasper arcade and insert my elites hdd into it.
how much do arcades cost these days?????(no online prices...walk in rrp price)

I think the cheapest arcade I've seen is Tesco at £124. Great if you've got some clubcard vouchers to put towards it.

Unexpected error occurred - Tesco.Direct

I bought a second hand elite from a friend....... how do i find out if its a jasper chipset one?

I bought a second hand elite from a friend....... how do i find out if its a jasper chipset one?
Unless its the red Elite it wont have the Jasper chipset,sorry.No confirmed black Elite Jaspers yet.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom