My XBOX 360 is broke.

A

anjo-clan

I bought my XBOX 360 on the 3rd December, but it has only recently been crashing and displaying the three red rings. There is also a rattling noise coming from it too. I know that my local GAME store does not have any in stock, so should I request a refund. If anyone has any adivce that would be great. Cheers.

You are not entitled to a refund (as you are outside 28 days) but you ,may get one if your nice!

However get MS to pick it up and fix it...mine went on a Thursday back Tuesday all sorted and didn't cost me a penny!

Hats off to MS. They took mine away and sent a replacement today. A brand new box that's quieter and seems better put together than my launch machine. Whole process took about 5 days all in and was easy and pleasantly carried out.

By the way, the rattle is supposed to be there. It's the widget inside that tells the box which way up it is. They all do it.

It sounds as if MS have changed the brand of DVD drives in the Xbox360.

The original drive was an Hitachi and the newer ones are Toshiba-Samsung. The latter being reported as being quieter.

The manufacture date on my box (which is a replacement from my original) is approx 10-Dec-05 and is of the newer Toshiba-Samsung type.

Although I have to admit mine is noisy, so I'd hate to hear the noise of the Hitachi drives.

Toshiba-Samsung_next_to_HL-Hitachi_xbox360_dvd_drive.jpg

W1zz

Open the draw and compare your tray to the pic above.

I did have one of the old drives until my xbox stopped working and i sent it back to ms. When i received the new xbox i noticed the drive was quieter and a few other things. Samsung drives are much better imo thx for the pic W1zz

Jordans Norks said:
You are not entitled to a refund (as you are outside 28 days) but you ,may get one if your nice!

However get MS to pick it up and fix it...mine went on a Thursday back Tuesday all sorted and didn't cost me a penny!

Actually if the product can be deemed to have been defective on sale, you are entitled to a refund. The only exception being if you have knowingly accepted the product with its flaws.

In this case you could probably push for a refund.

Moreover, its the stores responsibility to handle your complaints/refunds, etc. Don't let them fob you off with a "contact MS".

P.S. If you bought it by CC, you might want to slip that in early in the conversation. Tends to cut out the BS when they know you can simply call your CC company and cancel the transaction.

This has just happend to my launch day system. £ red lights and nothing I tried fixed it.

Called Game on the off chance they had one in to replace and they didn`t - well they had cores but said they would only exchange premium for premium. Also said I could wait for them to get some in ETA unknown or call MS.

Couldn`t be bothered with the hassle with Game, so called MS last Weds, UPS left a box next door today (pity they were out when I got home!).

A tip I got from a few - call MS later on in the day UK time (around 6pm) some I know had a tough time with the UK call centre, however if you call later you might get the US call centre (esp after "normal" UK working hours, ie 9-5). The US were spot on with me, a short call on an 0800 number and I was on the route to a replacement.

Lot less hassle than arguing with Game.....

I've always found Game excclent at returns, they let me return my PGR3 which was cracked and i'd lost the recipt for it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom