My XBOX 360 is broke.

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by anjo-clan, Mar 12, 2006.

1. anjo-clan

anjo-clan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought my XBOX 360 on the 3rd December, but it has only recently been crashing and displaying the three red rings. There is also a rattling noise coming from it too. I know that my local GAME store does not have any in stock, so should I request a refund. If anyone has any adivce that would be great. Cheers.

2. RESiDENT

RESiDENT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    send it back to MS and blame it on the march update

3. Jordans Norks

Jordans Norks
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    You are not entitled to a refund (as you are outside 28 days) but you ,may get one if your nice!

However get MS to pick it up and fix it...mine went on a Thursday back Tuesday all sorted and didn't cost me a penny!

4. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hats off to MS. They took mine away and sent a replacement today. A brand new box that's quieter and seems better put together than my launch machine. Whole process took about 5 days all in and was easy and pleasantly carried out.

By the way, the rattle is supposed to be there. It's the widget inside that tells the box which way up it is. They all do it.

5. W1zz

W1zz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +171
    It sounds as if MS have changed the brand of DVD drives in the Xbox360.

The original drive was an Hitachi and the newer ones are Toshiba-Samsung. The latter being reported as being quieter.

The manufacture date on my box (which is a replacement from my original) is approx 10-Dec-05 and is of the newer Toshiba-Samsung type.

Although I have to admit mine is noisy, so I'd hate to hear the noise of the Hitachi drives.

[​IMG]

W1zz

6. wormvortex

wormvortex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +443
    how do i find out what drive is inside mine?

7. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,898
    Open the draw and compare your tray to the pic above.

8. rottyman

rottyman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did have one of the old drives until my xbox stopped working and i sent it back to ms. When i received the new xbox i noticed the drive was quieter and a few other things. Samsung drives are much better imo thx for the pic W1zz

9. 5to1

5to1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +758
    Actually if the product can be deemed to have been defective on sale, you are entitled to a refund. The only exception being if you have knowingly accepted the product with its flaws.

In this case you could probably push for a refund.

Moreover, its the stores responsibility to handle your complaints/refunds, etc. Don't let them fob you off with a "contact MS".

P.S. If you bought it by CC, you might want to slip that in early in the conversation. Tends to cut out the BS when they know you can simply call your CC company and cancel the transaction.

10. four ecks

four ecks
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This has just happend to my launch day system. £ red lights and nothing I tried fixed it.

Called Game on the off chance they had one in to replace and they didn`t - well they had cores but said they would only exchange premium for premium. Also said I could wait for them to get some in ETA unknown or call MS.

Couldn`t be bothered with the hassle with Game, so called MS last Weds, UPS left a box next door today (pity they were out when I got home!).

A tip I got from a few - call MS later on in the day UK time (around 6pm) some I know had a tough time with the UK call centre, however if you call later you might get the US call centre (esp after "normal" UK working hours, ie 9-5). The US were spot on with me, a short call on an 0800 number and I was on the route to a replacement.

Lot less hassle than arguing with Game.....

11. wormvortex

wormvortex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +443
    I've always found Game excclent at returns, they let me return my PGR3 which was cracked and i'd lost the recipt for it.