My Xbox 360 DOA? :(

Shoki

Novice Member
To cut a long story short, after reading this morning about sony delaying the ps3 i thought sod it i'll get an xbox, so after a bit of shopping round a bought a premium and heading home to unwrap my new toy. Now the fun part, got everything set up and nothing...wouldnt power up, re-read the instructions unplugged and replaced all the leads a dozen times, and then plugging the psu into another socket and it worked, for about an hour. Now the light on the power supply is permanently red and the console wont start up. So all in all not a happy chap. Can anyone shed a little light (hopefully not a red one) on my problem or have similar experience?

Cheers in advance if anyone can help.

Shoki

Novice Member
Thanks for the links, but just dont understand how its n overheating problem when the brick or the console don't feel even remotely warm, it wont actually run to get warm :(

Bilbob

Don't worry about it, it might be a dodgy one. Just get back to where u got it, and get a replacement :)
Oh you picked a good time to join in :)

Shoki

Novice Member
Well have to admit i thought the hour i had on Ghost Recon was a blast but just one more question for you gents.......how do i get the disk out with no power?? bought the game in a different shop so getting a refund might be a problem :mad:

morits

Probably a silly question but have you made sure the video cable is pushed all the way in? it goes in and seems quite secure but it can 'click' in further.

Just incase :)

Shoki

Novice Member
Checked all the cables a dozen times think it was the psu that was causing the problems, did'nt feel hot but stuck it out in the garage for an hour, plugged it back in and got a green light, so now have it balanced on an open box and so far so good, would of posted back sooner but managed to get online with GR, first time online with a console and hell its addictive :D so barring any more problems i figure i'm more than pleased with todays purchase, cheers for your help gents.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom