My wii story

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii-U & 3DS' started by LiFo, Dec 18, 2006.

1. LiFo

LiFo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    I wrote this for another thread but it was closed :oops:

so i thought, i'm not typing all that and not posting it :D

This is where i stand, and this is the honest truth, i picked up my wii the day after launch, i havn't touched a console in a while (play pc games) while i was in the shop, i decided to buy a 360 as well, with Rainbow 6 PGR :thumbsdow and Gears of War.

Got home with 2 new shiney consoles, the only reason i brought the x box really was GoW so i stuck that on first. (on a panny HD plasma btw) seamed pretty polished... but got to the second act type thing. thought i'd give rainbow six a go (couldn't be bothered to get the wii out the bag :D ) played a bit of co - op with a mate, quickly got bored, seen it all before. Stuck the wii on... wii sports and zelda. Havn't switched the Xbox on since. (and its not because the neighbours were complaining of the noise.)

2. TC!

TC!
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've used a lot of computers, mainly Apple, and some consoles but the Wii has blown me away with its quality. I only had about an hour to test it before I packed it away for my daughter but I was really impressed. The remote puts the fun back into gaming. My daughter complained that all my PS2 games where cars or fighting and too hard. I found kids games like Tom & Jerry and Wallace & Gromit difficult myself. I just couldn't see the point in buying a 360 or waiting for a Playstation 3.

When they release the web browser & people get into the messaging side of it then it will be much more than just a games machine.

3. Craigy

Craigy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +875
    Thats fair enough, looking forward to playing mine.

However the 360 too is a fantastic machine which got me back into serious gaming, things were going a bit stale with the last gen machines, only really stuck with Pro Evo on the Xbox/PS2, I love my shooters so the 360 is perfect for me as well, also the HD DVD drive is amazing as well.

Two very different machines which should have a place in everyones home.

4. Mad Johnny

Mad Johnny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Now, Now be honest, For your daughter! Get yourself to confession sharpish

5. LiFo

LiFo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Totally agree, PS3, although have no experience of it, will also have a lot to offer.

That's the difference with this generation, all 3 have unique selling points

6. jim_is_ere

jim_is_ere

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271

I agree with you to a certain point :thumbsup:

I haven't touched my 360 in the past couple of weeks, played splinter cell and got bored really quickly - seen it all before, it just left me cold :thumbsdow

Now I am not saying that the 360 is dead in my house, it is just taking second place to the WII, I can honestly say I haven't had as much fun with the 360 over the last year then I am having with wii at the moment!!

cheers

Jim