My Wii is scratching my disks! Help!

• Thread starter this_given_line
  • Start date
T

this_given_line

Hi all. I bought my wii in September and over the last month it has started to make more and more noise when playing game discs. It occassionally quietens down but now the noise is pretty much constant. I've noticed some other threads where people have experienced this problem, I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed their discs being scratched as well?? It must be the wii that is making the scratches as we always put the discs away in their cases straight after using them. Does anyone know if nintendo would be willing to replace the games the wii has damaged?? Also I bought the console from Gamestation. Would they still replace it? As it has been 4 months since i purchased the console?

Cheers, Dan :)

rcaudwell

If your Wii has failed inside 6 months I`d have thought gamestation would replace it (they`re legally obliged to under the Sale of Goods Act - although may try it on and try and tell you it`s Nintendo`s problem). As for the discs, I`d get in touch with the publishers of the games, most operate a system where you can get damaged media replaced (although some make a charge) so long as you can prove ownership of the game.

thebeast06

Standard Member
If your Wii has failed inside 6 months I`d have thought gamestation would replace it (they`re legally obliged to under the Sale of Goods Act - although may try it on and try and tell you it`s Nintendo`s problem). As for the discs, I`d get in touch with the publishers of the games, most operate a system where you can get damaged media replaced (although some make a charge) so long as you can prove ownership of the game.

Its techincally is Nintendos fault. But don't feel bad about it. Chances are the retailer will recoup their money as they will most likely fine Nintendo when they return the faulty goods.

Could contact the supplier direct if you can get a contact number and chances are they will be helpful....

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom