my wife is giving me grief,please help

pointbreakuk

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi i need a new tv this weekend.it is going to be wall mounted.i have been looking in these forums for a few weeks now and i am getting very confused and wound up.my wife cant understand why i cant make my mind up in getting a tv and is giving me grief about it.please please help me.
the tv will be wall mounted and there will be a 3 seater oposite it then a chair at no more than 45 degrees to it.it will be used for ps3,movies and sky hd.also as a pc monitor for my media center.

i was advised on the LE37M87BDX in the shop ,but from the owners on here there seams to be too many firmware/hardware problems.

i was also looking at the lg 37LF66,this looked great in the shop but there does not seem to be much info about it from owners in these forums.is that a good or bad thing??.

the net set is the toshiba 37X3030DB .this seams like the worse set as a spec but there does not seam to be as many problems with it as other sets so do i go for this.can get it for about £750 in store pick up

it looks like buying a tv is a lottery at the moment.

please pass on any comments as its driving me mad

I recently got the toshiba and i couldn't be happier with it, for games and hddvd it is amazing and also the SD upscaling that the TV does is very good :thumbsup:

Skippy

whats the viewing angle and sound like please????my 3 seater will be oposite the tv on the wall and a chaire at 45 degrees to it

whats the viewing angle and sound like please????my 3 seater will be oposite the tv on the wall and a chaire at 45 degrees to it

Sound TBH not sure not really used it, all mine goes through an AV amp.

But i have read on a few reviews that the sound is good, its has that "wow" sound and virtual surround i think. Sorry am not too technical on these things :(

As for the viewing angle at times i need to side at a 45 degree angle and the pic is just as clear as straight on

Sorry for the lack of techy knowledge

Skippy

ps,is the screen gloss or matt??do you get many reflections from it>>?tv should not get any natural sunlight on it anyway where it will be sited

thanks for the reply,you say you play games .is that the ps3 or xbox??

also does your set have this buzz that everyone talks about on toshibas??

Not had any reflection and i do get the sun on the screen later in the day.

Xbox 360 through component and nope not noticed a buzz but that could be as much mordaunt shorts are too loud :D

Naw seriously not heard any buzz at all:thumbsup:

Skippy

so if i spend £750 on this set i wont be dissapointed

so if i spend £750 on this set i wont be dissapointed

Well i spent more than that on it and i'm not :D

But i don't want to be held responsable and hunted down if you are :eek:

Skippy

is the screen gloss or matt finish??

is the screen gloss or matt finish??

I think the screen is matt as its not shiny when its off, and around the screen its a nice shiny piano black finsh, very sleek :thumbsup:

freeview ok aswell on it??

freeview ok aswell on it??

Yup really good pic on it too, watch the liverpool game the other night and was slightly pixely when moving fast but most lcds do that with SD sport

If ya like if am not too hung over tomorrow morning i could take some pics and post them for you??

Skippy

yeh i was going to get one of these tosh's,im waiting for the z series though

but these sets seem to have a lot fewer faults than most of the sets talked about on here!

i think you will be pleased and in your wife's good books if you brought home one of these sets :thumbsup:

i was going to spend £1000 on a tv.so wih the £250 i can put it towards a ps3.do they upscale dvds does anyone know?

also skiprat can you tell me how far you view your tv from.i would be 3m away

anyone else have comments on this tv before i spend my hard earned £

also skiprat can you tell me how far you view your tv from.i would be 3m away

Probably about 2 m i'm in a bedroom, stayin with my mum for a bit while in between houses.

Just building up the av equipement first for my new place.

The essentials first :thumbsup:

Hi,

I bought a 47LF66 LCD and I must admit I like it - it does suffer slightly from backlight bleed but not many don't - ALso as with all HDTVs watching SD causes some issues with sport etc but LG can be configured to minimise pixelation etc.

I'm looking forward to getting an HD source to really see the benefit - PS3 soon hopefully as it provides 1080p as does the TV.

Cheers
Ticfever

bottom line

some times there is such a thing as "too much information"

reading these forums can be enough to sway you away from buying any Set

Just go with the one your heart tells you. The Toshiba X series and the Samsung M series are both excellent Tellys. You wont be disappointed with either

For what its worth, the samsungs firmware issues were sorted later on (it was released in march ish) so buying one new should be without issues

bottom line, go to the store, buy the one you like.

end of :)

If you are going to buy the PS3 I really would recommend you head down the Samsung route.

bought the tosh,wall mounted it.after about 5 mins the screen crashed.lines all over.i could not even read the online menus or anything.gonna take it back and get a samsung i think.i think this is a bad omen.with me wall mounting it i dont want to have to be taking it on and off all the time.

will have to get a cinema kit for it as the sound is garbage on sammys though

bought the tosh,wall mounted it.after about 5 mins the screen crashed.lines all over.i could not even read the online menus or anything.gonna take it back and get a samsung i think.i think this is a bad omen.with me wall mounting it i dont want to have to be taking it on and off all the time.

will have to get a cinema kit for it as the sound is garbage on sammys though

Got to admit mate i can't help feelin a bit guilty about that :(

But all i said was true i am more than happy with my set (so far)

Hope u managed to get it all sorted ok :thumbsup:

Skippy

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom