My White iPhone 4 (from iphonefixed.co.uk)

pez_555

Well well well.

I decided to take the plunge! A week or so ago a fellow member on these forums (Mickyfin) received parts from iPhonefixed.co.uk, and to me they looked superb.

I emailed iPhonefixed back and forth asking as many questions as I could think of before deciding. I have to say their customer service has been EXCEPTIONAL to every degree. The owner of the company whom I was talking to via email was honest, quick to reply and provided as much information as was possible.

During the conversation I enquired about some issues some members on this forum have been experiencing with other companies and their parts. This included:

- Light leakage through the sides of the phone between the antenna and plastic rim
- Colour of the home button compared to the rest of the white front
- Flushness of parts against the antenna (this was my main concern)
- Screen issues where the screen is off centre.

All of the above issues were answered honestly. I was informed that yes, some parts do have some of the above issues, however they are barely noticeable, if at all noticeable. I will say straight up here, with my phone, the only issue from the above list is the screen being off centre, however this is something I can definitely live with (its off by about 0.5mm).

Service

iPhonefixed.co.uk offer the FULL conversion, that includes:
- Front panel/digitiser
- Backplate
- Headphone socket
- USB connection

They offer this service for £174.99, and include the option of keeping your original black parts for a further £80. I know, this sounds expensive. However I can honestly say hand on heart, you are getting what you pay for.

Shipping

I sent my phone Tuesday 16th, they received it Wednesday 17th November. The conversion was done by this Monday, and I received the phone today, 23rd November.

Overall quite a speedy service. They did inform me that they were very busy at the moment so the conversion would take a little longer than normal. But still I was happy that the phone was back in my hands 1 week later. I must also note that the phone is well packaged when it is sent back to you, no problems there.

Phone

Now onto the phone itself. First thing is first, if any of you out there are wanting to get your iPhone converted to white – go with iPhonefixed.

iPhonefixed ship worldwide, and to my recollection are located in Wales UK. This is beneficial for the UK’ers as to my knowledge there are not any other legitimate companies that offer this kind of service in the UK (that I know of).

I can tell you right now, that the parts used in this conversion are the highest quality parts I have seen. The front screen/digitiser is superb quality, everything is flush around the edges and there are no issues apart from the screen being SLIGHTLY off centre, but hey I can live with that. The home button is flush with the front screen, is close to the same colour as the front however if you look closely you can see its not exactly the same colour – but again this to me is a non issue as the difference is minimal.

The backplate is again really good, flush around the edges. Pretty much identical to the black one apart from the colour. Of course comes with the flash diffuser and camera ring.

The headphone socket and USB port are as expected – white inside. Not too much I can say really, however I have tested and it does charge correctly.

So yea, excellent conversion all round really. The owner/manager or whatever you want to call him Mr Siskos, was very helpful with all queries and I recommend them highly! Check out the pics below. Any questions feel free to ask! Once again the website is iPhone Repairs and Original Apple Spare Parts - iPhoneFixed.co.uk

8648b7b6.jpg

436acac5.jpg

9850d147.jpg

53c23d43.jpg

4b844f6b.jpg

7e4656c8.jpg

b69b3065.jpg

31db8e52.jpg

249c70e1.jpg

This last pic, was taken in a pitch black room with the flash. I would rate it as fine. Was actually suprised it came out ok.

b73e112d.jpg

Simba

Distinguished Member
Nice write up :)

Why is there a 'mesh' above the ear piece ?

In terms of what you are getting...I think its a bit of a rip off...it costs £179 for the parts and you have to give the orignal iphone parts too and then they charge you for them if you want them back... :confused:

I prefer 100% original....that 0.5mm would irritate me to hell :rotfl:

p.s the website states £69 to keep the originals...why did you pay £80?

pez_555

that mesh is the proximity sensor, its just more visible on the white one.

yea it is expensive, however for the value and quality of the parts compared to other replacement services, i was prepared to pay it. I have heard a lot of horror stories about pieces being missing etc from other companies (in the US).

and yes, i know what you mean about the 0.5mm! however if you dont look for it, you dont notice it. It doesnt affect any input or anything. It really is minimal.

yea, they reduced their prices recently! bit ticked, have emailed them to refund me the difference as they still had the phone in their possession when they reduced the price, hopefully will get a bit back.

pez_555

FYI, they refunded me the difference as per the recent price drop :).

anyone still thinking about converting to white?

Dave X

FYI, they refunded me the difference as per the recent price drop :).

anyone still thinking about converting to white?

Not a chance, not worth losing my warranty, and I doubt I could ever deal with a company that had the nerve to try and charge me for my own property! It's not like they are all that reasonable on the price of the white parts and fitting either.

£69 to give back what belongs to you just takes the mick.

jian

Not a chance, not worth losing my warranty, and I doubt I could ever deal with a company that had the nerve to try and charge me for my own property! It's not like they are all that reasonable on the price of the white parts and fitting either.

£69 to give back what belongs to you just takes the mick.

How do you determine whether a price is reasonable? If these parts are as good as the OP says then they could be quite expensive to produce. Then they also need to make a profit.

They could just add the 69 pound to the parts and fitting price then return the original parts to you - you may or may not have a use for them. At least they give you the choice!

I wouldn't do it either. Part of the appeal of the IP4 is the solid build quality but each to their own. I would like to keep my warranty as well. It does look nice though.

Are the replacement parts plastic?

jian

i managed to drop my iphone 4 broke the screen and decided to change it to white. I found on ebay a repair service username apple_irepair and the price was pretty resonable.
I used ebay apple_irepair to do the conversion black to white. I got it back within 2 days. The quality seems excellent. Sorry I cannot upload photos.

The link:
iPhone 4 White to Black Full Housing Conversion Service on eBay (end time 15-Dec-10 16:10:19 GMT)

or

iPhone 4 White to Black Full Housing Conversion Service on eBay (end time 31-Dec-10 22:21:49 GMT)

I know it says white to black but apple_irepair meant to say black to white. It is the Cheapest i could find in the UK and have to say it is a excellent service

Same post in two different threads... is it your company by any chance?

RobM

Distinguished Member
Same post in two different threads... is it your company by any chance?

Given the same posts with the same links saying the same thing on other tech' forums, under the same username, I'd say so :)

Brutos

I like it. :smashin: It makes you wonder why apple haven't released a white phone if others can make the parts. :confused:

But it's to expensive for me. And charging £70 for something that already belongs to you is taking the mickey and probably illegal. Surely they can only charge for p&p for returning your phone parts.

slc1975

Standard Member
Iphonefixed have had my 3g and 3gs in for diagnostics. The time it has taken them to get in touch with me has been over a week now. Just received this blanket email stating they can't fix my phone .. nothing about what is wrong with them ..
We are sorry to inform you that we were unable to repair your device. This is to confirm that we have issued a refund minus £6 for P & P and re packaged your device and will be posting your item first class recorded special delivery.

There are many reasons why repairs are not possible. In most cases, damage to the logic board which houses all the processors etc, is irreversible and expensive to rectify.

We take customer service seriously at iPhoneFixed and would appreciate if you could take some time and complete our feedback form on our testimonials page.

If you are happy with our service, tell others. If you are not, please give us the opportunity to get things right.

We hope we will have the opportunity in the future to successfully repair one of your Apple devices.

If you have any questions please feel free and contact us.

Thank you for choosing iPhoneFixed.co.uk

-------------
Really these guys can't replace a logic board .. no mention if anything else works and have tried to call them without any response.

Stay clear in my opinion...

NewBeetle

Distinguished Member
Kinda defunct now, would be cheaper to sell a black iPhone 4 and buy a brand new sim free white iPhone 4 from apple.

glen24

Standard Member
kinda funny that they r only down the road from me.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom