My Week

djdhrubs

Banned
Mate, I understand the agony you're going through. This post is nothing to do with Virginmedia (whom I already subscribe to), more a rant about the state of the nation, and just to get stuff off my chest, and I couldn't think of a more appropriate place than this!

This week, I've had major problems with various companies including:-

1. Interparcel, who for some strange reason cannot legally guarantee time of collection of packages, even though they are a postal service! This gives them a licence not only to not turn up on my pre-booked collection date, but also to not turn up on 3 subsequent days.
2. Royal mail: a package I paid the minimum to send hasn't arrived at its destination after over a week
3. A media centre company called Tranquil PC, whom I ordered a HTPC and server from on 23rd november, thought I better email them a couple of days ago just to check when they'd be dispatching it, only for them to reply and say sorry they've had problems with their supplier, hopefully I should get it before Xmas (they say on their website they take 5-7 days to dispatch).
4. A curtain/ blind installer who promises they'll get back to me, but never does and when I ring them apologises profusely and says they've been really busy (presumably with other people, not me!) and they'll get right on my job very soon.
5. Man United - going out of Europe!

What I've learned is:-

1. Never pay for the cheapest option - it'll usually let u down.
2. If u don't keep needling customer services and reminding and checking on them, you may as well assume they'll forget about u. I don't care about being annoying to them, just as an apology is useless to me.
3. Wake up Fergie, you haven't sorted out central midfield since Keano left.

robel

hey dont worry, the girl i love, who i was with just last week, has just decided not to answer my calls/texts.....

Monty Burns

1. Never pay for the cheapest option - it'll usually let u down.

There is a saying "Penny wise, pound poor" and its true as you are discovering!

My wife used to be a Primark girl, after 7 years together i've finaly worn her down :laugh:

Seriously, might seem stressfull but your still alive! Go stick on some Dave and watch some Top Gear or Daves One Night Stand (hey, I think my wife and I are on tonights episode, in the front row! I've just remembered!!!) and then realise, your still alive and can laugh :D

Robel, cheer up mate, might be a good reason - messed up phone? Screen dead? Fingers crossed!

robel

Cheers Monty but sometimes you have to stop making excuses for other peoples actions, which unfortunately is what I always seem to do....treating her like a princess, sending her flowers, taking her on holidays and all the rest...but now i am disappearing, when usually I would have messaged her to find out whats up, let her deal with my disappearance...

Cheers Monty but sometimes you have to stop making excuses for other peoples actions, which unfortunately is what I always seem to do....treating her like a princess, sending her flowers, taking her on holidays and all the rest...but now i am disappearing, when usually I would have messaged her to find out whats up, let her deal with my disappearance...

Best thing you can do, she's obviously playing games mate! if you show her you're not playing them, she'll learn and just stop. ;)

Monty Burns

Best thing you can do, she's obviously playing games mate! if you show her you're not playing them, she'll learn and just stop. ;)

I'll go with that. Don't play games just refuse to join in with hers (if it is as you say it is).

robel

I agree with you both....its just a shame the way these things turn out sometimes....I am starting to believe that the pain of finding out is not worth the effort...

I agree with you both....its just a shame the way these things turn out sometimes....I am starting to believe that the pain of finding out is not worth the effort...

Thing is, if you try not to play her games this time, then she'll probably get the message and not play them. If she blanks you back, it'll be her loss!

Monty Burns

Thing is, if you try not to play her games this time, then she'll probably get the message and not play them. If she blanks you back, it'll be her loss!

Not to mention, she'll be infuriated at you ignoring her and not playing to her. :devil:

Monty Burns

Not all women play games btw :)

Of course they don't but IF she IS playing a game, not playing it WILL infuriate her. If you remember, it wasn't my idea that she was ;)

robel

I felt she was ignoring my messages, so i asked her on the phone and she said she wasnt, so on Monday I sent her a message, which, guess what?, She hasn't responded to....the thing is, is that I have always made the running, effort and I dare say, that somewhere in her mind, she is expecting me to message again but I cant...she needs to prove something, to herself and me...

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
Sounds like Boys and Girls stuff rather than Men and Women.

Of course they don't but IF she IS playing a game, not playing it WILL infuriate her. If you remember, it wasn't my idea that she was ;)

I think it was me Monty, I think she is playing games, but being a female myself just wanted to reiterate that not all women play games, but I know tons of girls who do!

robel

Sounds like Boys and Girls stuff rather than Men and Women.

Youre not wrong mate. I am 45, she is 34...I dont play games, I grew out of that years ago...I know what I want and what I dont...but maybe its the language she understands...

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
Don't blame you...she should know better and you can probably do better.

robel

as they say "you dont know what you have lost, until its gone"

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom