My vinyl player won’t play sound

Vannerz

Novice Member
Hi all, really hoping somebody can help me.
I have a Yamaha music-cast 500 with two wireless speakers. All worked fine until I damaged the cartridge and needed to replace it. I replaced the original with a Audio-technica AT-VMN95E VM95. It appears to be clipped in ok, when I play I can hear music coming from the disc.

The problem I am having is the sound, on full volume I’m getting a whisper out of the speakers, you really can’t hear them unless you put your ear close. I have unplugged everything, turned it all on and off. The speakers play at perfect volume when I connect with Bluetooth.

I am at a complete loss here so any assistance is appreciated, if it persists I may have to try and refund the system and find a new one :(

oldfart

It sounds as if you replaced the stylus and not the cartridge and if that is correct the replacement should be an ATN3600L and designed for the ATN91 cartridge, and in that case you are trying to fit the replacement into a cartridge not designed to take the AT-VMN95E. I could be wrong though.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom